• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing thumbnails

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Bridge 2020 I find that the slider will not resize images selceted to preview.  Moving the slider changes the size of the thumbnails in the filmstrip but not the selected image.  Can anyone suggest what I may have set wrongly?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

Just to clarify, are you saying that the size of the Preview is much smaller than the size of the Preview window?

For reasons that never made sense to me, Adobe'd setup for the deafult workspace leaves a tiny corner for the Preview window and yes, if the Preview window is small, than anything inside it will be small. 

Please let me know which issue you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate your getting back to me.  

The preview window is large but whatever I do with the slider the thumbnail remains thumbnail.  Here is a screenshot.  I’ve run out of ideas about what to do to solve it!
Thanks a lot
Linda
lindag13147200_0-1589919105571.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

OK, that takes care of that idea. Now let's take a look at the image. In your panels, there's one called Metadata. I want to know what it shows for the size of that image. Below is what it shows for an image I took on my first digital camera, a whopping 1.4 Megapixels!! (Who-hooo).

Also, before I send this off, is this typical of all of your images or only a few?

2020-05-19_13-25-27.png

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to say that all images are behaving in the same way, but in fact I've just found that within some folders a couple of images behave properly while the majority do not.

lindag13147200_1-1589924750181.png

this is the metadata for that shot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just realised that the ones that wont resize are .dng files whereas .jpg and .psd files will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

In this case the type of image has nothing to do with sizing larger. The image was saved at a dinky size and that's all it can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, there you go. The image is at full size. See where it says 256 x 192. That's the pixel dimensions. To add to the mystery, this is listed as a DNG image. 

Now you can save an image as a DNG so apparently you resized this and then saved it as a DNG. Why and/or how I've no clue but this is as big as that image is going to get.

Somewhere on your computer you should have the original images (at least I hope you do).

Just out of curiosity, what is your workflow? How do you process images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take images straight into Bridge and then delete them, so no I dont have them elsewhere.  But just out of curiosity I opened this same (terrible!) image in Photoshop Elements and looked at its size and got this

lindag13147200_0-1589925616156.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my. 

I have to experiment a bit. I'm not sure what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My brain can't take any more tonight I'm afraid - it's bed time!  But thank you for your continued support.  To be revisited tomorrow...

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lindag13147200_0-1589926066384.png

Makes no sense to me.  I do not save them in this crazy size!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, makes no sense to me either. 

Like I said, I'll experiment to see if I can duplicate this in any way. Have a good night and good sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you have any luck inverstigating this further?

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, see where it says "Width: 5184 pixels and Height: 3888 pixels"? That's what I was looking for. You do have that in Bridge (in the Metadata window) that I showed earlier. Can you located the Metadata window in Bridge and show that section to me?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines