• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverse numbering in downloader

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an unpleasant surprise when I opened the latest version of the photo downloader: the photos are in reverse chronological order.  When I download them giving them custom names, they are numbered backwards.  How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only confirm your observation. In the past I did not find it very helpful to download each individual day's photos separately as days were sorted backwards, however the photos per day were in the correct order.

Now it seems they are sorted backwards with no way of changing the order. There should be a checkbox etc.

This needs to be urgently fixed as I do not intent to create a workflow for each batch of photos downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had mixed feelings about the old system of sorting days in reverse chronological order with the photos from each day in the correct order vs. listing all the photos in strict chronological order with the most recent at the bottom.  I can live with either system, but not the current system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm the same problem.

I usually rename images during the download process now this renames them in reverse order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have found the same problem since updating Bridge to the new version. Finding my images downloaded in a reverse order, meaning the last image is the first image and the first image the last image.

Sorry Adobe, this is simply not good enough at all for the money I am paying you. Please issue a fix for this soon as possible as I prefer my images to be downloaded in the order I took them as do other users of Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware of the problem but there's no way to know when this will be fixed. (Bridge has probably one of the smallest teams at Adobe.)

In the meantime, you're probably best off to manually download the files to your computer and then rename using Bridge (Tools (menu) -> Batch Rename…) at that point. If you want to convert to DNG, there's always the DNG Converter you can download (if you do not already have it). The DNG conversion can be done at any point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

So, I import the photos, then sort them in the bridge folder by date taken, then batch rename to get the proper numbering sequence.  I have looked through every setting and preference but can not find a fix...strange that this is a thing the causes an immediate stumbling block to my efficiency!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to be fixed urgently.  It took you years to fix the default problem that people repeatedly complained about (thank you for finally doing this in the most recent version).  I, and probaly many others, find the downloader unusable in its current form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Polite reminder:

I sympathise with your frustration but when you say, "you" remember that here you are talking to other users, not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a response to gary_sc, the Adobe professional!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not work for Adobe. I do not receive any money from Adobe. I am familiar with a variety of the issues with Bridge and some other software but there's lots I do not know and that's why there are many folks here who may be able to help you.

What I do emphasize is that there are times when if you need to get a job done, it's better to do what can be done than wait for the way it should be done.

It's your call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK sorry, I misunderstood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still reuseable in its current form.
Simply sort the photos by creation date and do a batch rename..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no longer using the Adobe Bridge uploader.  

In order to preserve the chronological order of my still image and video files, I drag and drop the entire batch from the card or camera and onto a file I create for each project.

Then I "browse in bridge" from photo shop or import when working in Premier Pro.

I would much rather import via bridge, but no one at Adobe seems to care about this issue.

After the files are all loaded in order, they can be renamed as a batch in bridge.

For now, that's a pretty fast workaround. 

Since I pay more than 50.00/month for CC, and this is a primary tool for my workflow, I'm pretty disappointed that this slipped through the creative cracks with the new bridge release. Certainly importing files would be one of the obvious beta test actions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's still reuseable in its current form.
Simply sort the photos by creation date and do a batch rename..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines