• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

review mode

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way the review mode works is that the down-arrow key drops them out of the selection -- and when you Esc out of that, they are no longer selected. I understand that need, but in my case -- I would like the opposite. I would like to have an option for up-arrow key (or to change a setting for the way the down-arrow key works) -- where the ones I drop out of the list are the ones I want selected when Esc out.

I realize that I can just drop the ones I don't want and then the ones that I do want -- would be selected. The problem is that in my particular need right now -- it would be much more efficient to drop the ones I actually want.

Is there any way to do this -- or is it a feature I would have to request for the future? 

Thank you for your time and any suggestions you may have.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately Bridge offers no mechanism to customize Keybord Shortcuts. 

You can always go to Bridge's Uservoice

https://adobebridge.uservoice.com

and make a request. You will not be the first to request this and I am willing to go out on a hook and say you will not be the last.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately Bridge offers no mechanism to customize Keybord Shortcuts. 

You can always go to Bridge's Uservoice

https://adobebridge.uservoice.com

and make a request. You will not be the first to request this and I am willing to go out on a hook and say you will not be the last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only do I appreciate your prompt reply and info, but after the day I've had -- you can't imagine how much I appreciated this line: "You will not be the first to request this and I am willing to go out on a hook and say you will not be the last."

I got a good chuckle out of that! :o) It just confounds me to no end -- that people smart enough to have such a fantastic feature in the first place, wouldn't think to build some flexiblity into its operation. 

Thanks again, Gary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm delighted in times like these to be able to provide a chuckle. 

Take care, be well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Richard

I too was baffled by the way "Review Mode" works. Made no sense at all. Today I was in "Review Mode" and using the down arrow to 'Select' files that I wanted to delete, only to find that when I closed out, I was actually DE-selecting them from the hundreds of others in the folder. This was REALLY annoying.

Searched Google and found this thread - no solution but I couldn't believe that there was no way around this. I shouldn't have to select hundreds of files I want to keep to in order for the system to de-select them, leaving the few dozen I want to delete selected. There MUST be a way to do this in Bridge. Thankfully I have found the way to do it!! 

When you close out of "Review Mode" and have all of the 'wrong' files selected:

Click 'Edit' then choose 'Invert Selection' from the dropdown (Ctrl+Shift+I) 

VOILA! 

Nice to have a chuckle - better to have a solution 😉 Hope this helps - appreciate the thread is a couple of months old.

Cheers,

Nigel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines