Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RFF: New Option in Bridge to upscale image when viewing

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using Bridge on a Macbook pro with a Retina screen.  I usually prepare photos suitable for Instagram (1080px x 1080x).  Given that the retina resolution is much higher than that, it is frustrating not to be able to view (Full Screen Preview) upscaled to the max resolution of the screen.

Would you please add an option allowing users to choose whether they wish images to be upscaled or not when viewing them in Full Screen Preview.  That would be great.

Thanks

Ash

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you wish to communicate to Adobe any wishes and requests, please go to:

https://adobebridge.uservoice.com

However, be aware that what you are asking for is probably unlikely. As you have mentioned, your image is smaller than what can be displayed on your screen. This is because Bridge is only a "viewer," not a pixel creator/enhancer. If Bridge were to create the pixels so that you could view your image at (say) 125%, that would not be an honest display of your images. 

But please, do not take my assumptions as gospel, if you want this, PLEASE ask for it (in the right location, the one above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for commenting. I'll follow your advice.  I am not even asking for anti-aliasing etc.  Just a plain pixel upscale - as such the resulting raster effect would tell the viewer the image native resolution is lower than the screen. Alternatively you could add a second option to whether anti-alias on upscale or not or an option to display a tiny icon on the corner of the photo alerting the user to whether the image has been upscaled.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reasonable requsts but please, send them to the link I shared with you earlier. I do not work for Adobe and almost everyone who browses these forums also does not. I just do not want you to think that telling us here is all you have to do. It's just the wrong place to make such requests.

And good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines