• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running 2021 Bridge in Catalina and seeing no items

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We ran 2020, and after the update, we cannot see any items on our server. Items on our desktop are visible, but clicking on the server simply shows No Items. I've deleted Bridge and reinstalled. I've rebooted the Mac and the server. No luck.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Go into your System Preferences, to Security & Privacy and the select the last tab, Privacy. Scrool down till you see two options in the list, "Full Disk Access" and "File and Folders." Be sure you've unlocked the lock (bottom left corner) with your system administrator PW. Then win the window on the right scroll down till you see Bridge and check the appropriate (or all of the) boxes. If you do not see Bridge, click the "+" button just below the right side window and then check all the boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on servers is problematic. You may have permissions issues or it could be a server problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At very beginning of installing this app on all the computers in our lab, I remember that we were prompted to allow access to various folders (computer, documents, etc.) It's possible that the student on this computer denied access at that stage. Any idea how to get back to that dialogue? It didn't prompt me when I reinstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into your System Preferences, to Security & Privacy and the select the last tab, Privacy. Scrool down till you see two options in the list, "Full Disk Access" and "File and Folders." Be sure you've unlocked the lock (bottom left corner) with your system administrator PW. Then win the window on the right scroll down till you see Bridge and check the appropriate (or all of the) boxes. If you do not see Bridge, click the "+" button just below the right side window and then check all the boxes.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Eureka! Viola! Thank you so much. My high school students also tip their heads to you. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you very much gary_sc. god bless you!

gl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines