• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

screwed up

Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am trying to view my photos in bridge but the white icon for the photo is all that shows. it's driving me nuts and i have to get this work out. how does one fix this

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the only images with generic icons are those that are on your iCloud folder. Bridge has never been designed for working in the clouds. To resolve this, download the images and you'll be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Gary, i am noticing slowly the icons changing to the photos. (Coming from the cloud as you said.) thanks for your input. what a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Drotar,

The fact that you're getting an image is a plus. Seriously, Bridge was not designed to work with images in the clouds. It wants direct access to your images over a wire or a board. If you want to see real fun, a server is a way to go (not).

Personally I'm not against cloud service but I use if for absolute calmity: I have a 4TB drive that contains all of my images and important documents (call it Drive A). I have a 2nd 4TB drive that I use to backup Drive A. I also have a 3rd 4TB drive that I use to take advantage of Apple's Time Machine. All of those are only good against hard drive failure but do nothing for a house burning down. That's where I use a cloud service. I back up my computer and my Drive A, everything else is redundant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines