• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling in Bridge Folder pane Jumps with Magic Mouse

Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a Magic Mouse that uses Bridge?

Does scrolling jump or is it smooth in the left folders pane?

Bridge 2017 didn't fix the bug.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Can you please post a screenshot of your system preferences?

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gautam,

you'll need to be more specific.  which preference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a Mac OSX, the system preferences dialog box. If you click on the apple icon and choose system preferences it would open up.

For Windows, the control panel dialog box.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...ok you mean this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Click on user and groups and choose login items, disable all log in items and restart the machine and check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gautam,

No change, in fact the programs that were checked, was Google Chrome, AdobeResourceSynchronizer and spotify.

And when I turned the computer on, Google and Spotify still opened anyhow. Not sure about the Adobe one though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Sierra, scrolling in Bridge is insanely fast and Bridge is the only application this is happening in. One scroll click sends it about 10-12 rows down the page. I've set scrolling to the lowest speed but Bridge isn't registering the settings. All other mouse settings for Bridge are functioning fine such as shortcut key assignments, etc. This started after installing macOS Sierra along with Logitech's update for Sierra but again, Bridge is the only app doing this.

The 'Content' panel is the problem. All the other panels in Bridge scroll normally but within 'Content' the scrolling behavior changes to an usable, hyperfast speed.

Screenshot below of Logitech Control Center showing Bridge specific settings. Vertical Scroll is highlighted with it's options towards the bottom. Speed and Acceleration are on the slowest setting possible, any lower would effectively disable scrolling completely.

• Setting Speed to Slow or Fast is identical, there's no difference, no change.
  • Setting Acceleration to 'None' completely disables scrolling. Moving it 1 pixel off of 'None' and it goes nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Bridge 2017 and the same thing is happening. I cannot control scrolling speed at all. It's so fast it's not even usable, one ratcheted click is scrolling a minimum of 10 rows.

Can you advise further on this? It's ONLY Bridge and it's Content panel that has scrolling issues... it cannot be controlled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grauenwölfe, your issue is new to me... it used to only effect the magic mouse. when i plugged in an old school mouse, the scroll wheel worked.

An old school Apple mouse with the stupid little ball works correctly. and i just trid a "gaming mouse" that works correctly to.

hmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I just got a new computer. New iMac, 27". YAY

All new installs. this was among my first checks before much anything else was installed.

only things installed so far is:

• OSX update
  • MS Office
  • other adobe products

I have a new mouse, new computer, new software... this issue persists.

Clearly this is an Adobe Issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting scrolling experience issue.

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2018) on 18 Oct 2017. The new version build number is 8.0.0.262. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

We have improved scrolling experience in this version. Please install the latest version and check for issue you may have encountered. You can check all new features at https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/whats-new.html (or from Bridge Application -> Help Menu -> What’s New…)

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the updated installer.

Thanks,

Praveen Gelra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest update and the issue persists- Bridge is barely usable. Thanks for any insight you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Praveen,

I still have this issue.  8.1.0.383

Breeoxd,

The only think i can suggest to you is use a diffrent Mouse. From what i can tell it is only the Apple Mouse Bridge struggles with.

Praveen,

I don't know if this is new to the update but if i recall, the issue here was that each "tick" in scrolling with the magic mouse would result in roughly 13 folders jumping (not just 1 pixel). The may have changed in the last update you speak of, to jumping 8 - 10 folders. It is not consistent. I do not think that used to be the case.

hopefully that'll help the programer find something.

Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Praveen,

any word on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

Anyone else still find that 2019 has the scrolling issue? has it improved? still as bad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still as bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 and the issue is still as bad as before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, on a macbookpro with either a magic mouse or a logitech mouse. With Bridge 2020, the folder panel is scrolled by 6 lines for the smallest increment of the scroll button, while it was only by 1 line with Bridge CS5.1.

Ii is very uncomfortable...

I believe there should be some tuning parameter in the Preference panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. All updates done - MacOS and Creative Cloud.

No solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Magic Mouse, Mac mini, Mojave and don't see any jumping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac Pro, Catalina  and magic mouse and don't have any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Feb 11, 2022 and the problem still exists.

I'm running Bridge v 12.0.0.246 on MacOS 12.1 on a MacBook Pro (2021) with a MagicMouse.

The mouse-scrolling is so awful that it's unusable. I have to use the scroll bar.

Honestly, Adobe, how can this problem remain unfixed for so long? This app is the only one that has the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to update, I have sold the Mac mini and now have a 2015 MacBook Pro/Monterey and a 2015 21" iMac/Monterey, both using a Magic Mouse, neither has issues with scrolling in any application. No problems with the MBP trackpad either.

You probably have some other issue going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

REALLY??

I just got a new MBP 2021. 

Installed fresh. didn't port anything over from the older iMac.

Track pack and New Black Magic Mouse are still Jumpy. 

I would say about 150px! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines