• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling optical illusion

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When scrolling through large sections of folders, it feels and looks like you are scrolling the opposite direction.  When scrolling down, it moves the lower folder one space higher than the previous which creates a weird animation effect that makes it look like it's scrolling the wrong way!  In previous versions, this was alleviated by switching from Grid to Thumbnail view.  But for some reason this new release makes it happen on both.  Am I the only one seeing this? It's driving me crazy. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, it is an optical illusion, similar to seeing wagon wheels appearing to rotate backward in movies and TV due to the location of the spokes at each frame. In this case, it's due to each thumbnail wanting to move one quantum movement as you roll your mouse.

For me, I've found that if I grab the scrolling slider and just drag that up and down, it removes the problem. Alternatively, if you click in the empty space below the slider, you will jump to the next "page" of thumbnails. [Note: this option depends upon how you have this option set in your system preferences. It can either jump you one page OR jump you to that location in the scrolling.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is what I'm seeing as well. It's extremely annoying. This wasn't an issue in the previous version, so why are we having this optical illusion now?  What changed? I can't use it like this. I'm not sure which way I'm going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maggie,

If you were not seeing this before, you were lucky. People have been complaining about this issue for every release since Bridge v. 1. If I could even guess as to why you didn't see it before, that would imply that there might be a solution to this, but to date, there is none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines