• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search for Headline meta tag

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to search for Headline in Bridge's Search function?

I thought there might be a way to enter my own <tag>, but I don't see that either.

Here's why:

These are the fields in Bridge's Metadata.  Headline, Description and Keywords are nicely clustered together in the IPTC Core list.  Title is on the list, but further down.  Not a huge deal, but less handy depending on how screen space is arranged. 

I read the distinctions for these in https://photometadata.org/META-Resources-Field-Guide-to-Metadata.  I think my usage is consistent.

Bridge IPTC Core Meta Tags.png

Now let's look at fields in Bridge's Search.  The available list is much reduced.  Headline isn't even there and Title is called Document Title.  So there's the question: How can I search for just "Headline"?  (All Metadata will capture it, but that is obviously undesirable for some searches.)

Bridge Avail Meta Tags in Search.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stephen,

Thanks for the script example.  I'll have to study that.  Haven't ventured into running scripts in Bridget yet, though I'm familiar with various programming languages and that kind of thing.

I was hoping there was something like an "add field to list" in the Bridge interface.  Still seems odd that the metafields that show are not the same as the ones you can search on.

I hope Adobe Bridge developers are watching this string so they can "fix" that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines