• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting "Place in Adobe After Effects CC2019 opens AE 2020 instead"

Enthusiast ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In adobe Bridge ver 11.1.0.109 when I select the "Fade up word.ffx" preset and select "Place in Adobe After Effects CC2019" it opens Adobe After Effecs CC2020. It seems to open the latest After Effects no matter which version I ask it to place it in.

Is there a way to make it place the animation preset in the version of After Effects that I select (eg. CC2019)?

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how Bridge thinks.

It follows predefined scripts.

Uncheck the After Effects script in Bridge preferences for AE 2020.

If you do not see a script for After Effects 2019 you may have to reinstall AE 2019 again.

Make sure AE 2019 script is selected and you should be good to go.

Unfortunately its one or the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for you reply.

So I have different versions of After Effects installed and different verisons Adobe Bridge.

When I select Adobe Bridge from After Effects CC2020 and select preferences from that Adobe Bridge it says to run scripts from AE CC 2020 to AE CC 2017 and bridge from CC 2018 to CC 2021 automatically on application start-up. Though I didn't think it was to do with scripts that are run on application start up since it's what's run when I select "apply in CC2019" that makes it place it in the wrong After Effects (CC2020).

Are you saying for the Adobe Bridge that gets called from After Effects CC2020 that in the preferencs of Adobe Bridge I should uncheck everything about versions of After Effects that aren't AE CC2020 and in Adobe Bridge that gets called from AE CC2019 in the bridge preferences I should uncheck everything about versions of AE other than CC2019? And it will work okay (even though it's talking about startup scripts that run automatically)?

Can I continue to have mutliple versions of After Effects installed and run any of them that I have,

eg. After Effects CC2018 will work okay with it's version of bridge,

same for AE CC2019 and AE CC2020?

if I uncheck the start-up scripts I specified above in each version of Adobe Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines