• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Sequence of photos, shot in Burst mode on Nikon D500, is jeopardized when imported with name change

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a burst shot with Bridge Photodownloader the the sequence is lost when I also change the name at import. Without a name change the sequence is kept. Is this a known issue and error or do I make a mistake here? I insert two series of the same burst to demonstrate the issue: First without a name change, so as they come from the camera name starts with DSC_7273.jpg and ends at DSC_7287.jpg.; the second with a name change during import starts at 202102dec_1403.jpg and ends at 202102dec_1417.jpg. Strange enough the second serie with the name change is also more or less reversed and the entire sequence is disrupted. My Nikon D850 has the same problem and also with the photos taken with focus-stacking. Especially with focusstacking this is not very nice, need to restore the sequence manually. Is this a Bug and can it be resolved? Any Clue? (Brigde version 12.0.0.234).

BenNo_name_Change.jpgName_Change.jpg

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Don't use the Photo Downloader

2. Batch Rename once files are on your hard drive

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the feedback and workaround, looks like this is then a systemic problem. 

Is your suggestion not the perfect solution for ADOBE to correct the problem in Downloader? Does not seem a big deal to program this, as initially the program does read and import in a correct sequence. I assume they want to be worldclass in performance.

Hopefully some-one from ADOBE reads this also and considers the remediation.

Kind regards,

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines