• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share cloud files from Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know a way to share cloud files directly in Bridge - just like in Windows Explorer by right-clicking via the context menu?
At the moment I always have to go the roundabout way: Right click - show in explorer > right click - share link > copy link. Since the context menu in Windows 11 is even more nested, sharing has become really cumbersome. Especially if you want to share a lot of singlefiles. Why not just add this function to Bridge?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Bridge does not have support for cloud services or sharing sheets on either platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lumigraphics, thanks for the quick reply! Too bad that this does not work (yet). Maybe the function will be implemented soon. I would appreciate that very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randolf,

I think that's a great idea but to be very honest, that's something that folks have wished for since Bridge 1 and it still hasn't shown up. I'm not going to say that it can't or won't happen, but I do not want you to eagerly wait for each new iteration of Bridge and have it not show up. That's where Hope and Expectations can be painful.

HOWEVER, here you are talking to the wrong folks. Most of us here are just users who've been doing this a long time and are just trying to help folks over the hurdles that we can help with. But we are not Adobe. If you want to get your message to Adobe, use this link: https://adobebridge.uservoice.com

I can't say that anything you write to that address will be granted, but it improves your odds from writing your wishes here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea,  we are lemmings here as well ...............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gary,

thanks for your detailed answer and sorry if i posted this in the wrong place! But your link looks promising and I'll check it out there. Maybe it will help - someday 🙂

I've been missing it since the early days of the cloud too, with the new Windows context menu it's become even more pressing for me. Maybe it's also time to rethink my workflow and share my PDF documents directly from Acrobat via Document Cloud after all. I'll give that a try.

Thanks again and have a nice pre-Christmas season!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I often put my Acrobat documents in the cloud, especially if I'm reading a document on my computer and need to continue later on my iPad or iPhone. I have a manual for my car radio and when I need to make an adjustment, that document is also sent to the cloud for easy access. 

I'd like to think that SOMEDAY Bridge will be very adept at working with Cloud data, especially items in the Adobe Cloud, but not yet.

However, currently, you can save your PS images to the Adobe Cloud, your AI images to the Adobe Cloud, etc. It very well might be that Adobe will say "Hey, you already can have PS, AI, Acrobat, etc. working with the Cloud, why should Bridge do it as well?"

Alas, we are not the ones in control at Adobe. Make your request and carry on…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines