• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should be easy but has exhausted my efforts

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS4 (yes, laugh) but I'm not doing Pro photography anymore to justify CC.I still really like the version I own.  I got a new computer with Windows 10 and installed CS4. Raw files will open in Photoshop yet Bridge does not display image previews just the camera raw cr2 file. My camera is 5D MII and I updated to ACR 5.2 and when that didn't work, 5.7 & still nothing. I've researched the topic and have attempted to purge cache, etc. I know it's something simple that I overlooked but exhausted in my attempts to get it to work like it did prior to installing it on new computer.

Please help if you can.

Christine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

In the event someone else has this same issue, I hope this will save you from the frustration I dealt with in figuring out the issue.I finally got it to work. There are two ACR files, one is 32 bit and the other is 64 bit. You have to put the correct one into each of the program files since windows 10 creates two (program files and program files (86) - c:\program files\common files\Adobe\plug-ins\cs4\file formats. I can now preview camera raw files as images in Bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 5.2 and DNG Converter Available

Are you saving regular RAW and not a compressed version? Does the DNG converter work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumigraphics & thank you so much for your response. I'm shooting in Raw and downloading the .CR2 file that my camera creates. I can view the image in the picture folder on my computer although not in Bridge. Bridge only displays the CR2 blue and white generic camera file. If I click on the CR2 file, it opens correctly in the Bridge window and from there I can choose to open it in Photoshop. I like to view my images in Bridge due to it's functionality to label, cull, sort, etc., but the functionality is useless when I can't see the image.

DNG converter did nothing to fix issue with Bridge not displaying image previews. It just now displays the generic .CR2 and generic .DNG file.

I really appreciate your time & help. I didn't think anyone was going to respond. I'm going to reinstall; although, I don't feel it will solve this issue that's driving me bonkers.

I just realized I have been replying to myself vs. directly to individuals who have offered assistance.

Thank you,

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumigraphics & thank you so much for your response. I'm shooting in Raw and downloading the .CR2 file that my camera creates. I can view the image in the picture folder on my computer although not in Bridge. Bridge only displays the CR2 blue and white generic camera file. If I click on the CR2 file, it opens correctly in the Bridge window and from there I can choose to open it in Photoshop. I like to view my images in Bridge due to it's functionality to label, cull, sort, etc., but the functionality is useless when I can't see the image.

I haven't downloaded the DNG converter. In the past, I only needed it for raw files from other peoples cameras. I'll give that a try.

Thank you,

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG converter did nothing to fix issue with Bridge not displaying image previews. It just now displays the generic .CR2 and generic .DNG file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does File explorer show the image previews after a dng conversion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows file explorer always did show the image preview for .cr2 and yes, it shows image preview for .dng files too. Unfortunately, not bridge...only the generic icons.

I just realized I have been replying to myself vs. directly to individuals who have offered assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows file explorer always did show the image preview for .cr2 and yes, it shows image preview for .dng files too. Unfortunately, not bridge...only the generic icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate your time & help. I didn't think anyone was going to respond. I'm going to reinstall; although, I don't feel it will solve this issue that's driving me bonkers.

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting Bridge’s preference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I reset to default associations. I had this version running on Vista prior to new computer running Windows 10 and it worked perfectly. A conundrum indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I reset to default associations. I had this version running on Vista prior to new computer running Windows 10 and it worked perfectly. A conundrum indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the event someone else has this same issue, I hope this will save you from the frustration I dealt with in figuring out the issue.I finally got it to work. There are two ACR files, one is 32 bit and the other is 64 bit. You have to put the correct one into each of the program files since windows 10 creates two (program files and program files (86) - c:\program files\common files\Adobe\plug-ins\cs4\file formats. I can now preview camera raw files as images in Bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines