• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Slow Thumbnail/Preview generation, constantly regenerating after almost every change

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix/workaround for this?

I use bridge to rename and metadata tag large volumes of video files. Our vidoegraphers shoot at multiple locations in a city, and for some projects multiple cities within a state. For smaller projects I don't really notice, but since I updated to Bridge 2019 (currently running version 10.0.0.124) the program seems to be taking longer to generate thumbnails/previews, and whenever I rename the files or update metadata reprocesses the thumbnails/previews. Prior to the 2019 update I did not notice it doing this.

Further, sometimes it will hang up while processing and the files won't update and become un-updatable until I purge the cache completely for the folder.

I ran the numbers yesterday, and for one of the larger multi-city shoots it looks like I can currently spend nearly 90-120 minutes just waiting for Bridge to process thumbnails/previews. And i do in fact need the still image thumbnails for quick reference while tagging, so turning down the maximum file size for rendering is not an option.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

TOPICS
Image processor , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?