• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorry, I just need to vent

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, why did you destroy Bridge with your recent update? When I load the app, a large blue message pops up that says I need to compact my cache. I do it every time even though I have it set to automatically delete the cache older than 1 day. Why is the message perminate on the screen? Why is this message there at all? Can you stop? The new look of the various tabs is uterly unusable also. I used to be able to quickly tab between folder and preview mode but the new tabs are clunky, hard to read and don't display the correct information. Also, for some reason you have disabled the option to right click in windows explorer and open a folder in bridge. The option is still there but it does not open the folder in Bridge. Why do you have the option if it's not doing anything? Finally, Bridge is always a bit slow but this last update made it almost unusable. It's so bad that I've been looking at alternatives for image viewing. Can you just bring back the old version?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge 2018 is the last version that worked properly and rapidly for me.  Since then, it has got worse and worse with every 'update'.  Whomever is in charge of the Bridge Team needs to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was the only one who was still using Bridge 2018! It really is the only version that works properly, every single update since then has been just complete failures. Never adding new features, only removing ones that work and introducing new problems that no one needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I did stick with 2018 for quite a while I am now able to run 2022 efficiently on Windows 10. I tried 2023. For me it was a train wreck. After one day I reverted to 2022. I just wanted to acknowledge that, because of your posts, I now have some hope that I can continue with 2022 for a long time yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially the severely slowed system performance makes Adobe Bridge unusable. An i7 8400 with 32 gb ram and geforce 1060 graphics card no longer manages to display the preview images smoothly. And also the terrible warnings that the cache needs to be updated slow down so much that you can't use the program meaningfully. When is an update coming? No one knows. For several weeks the program has been paralyzed and Adobe does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Misery loves company, eh?  I've used bridge forever to select a RAW file to open, to select a PSD file to open etc.  I often press the spacebar to display a file full screen, then right arrow to go to the next and the next.  Running this way is also how I display via projector or via Gotomeeting for online group discussions.  Quick and easy.

First thing I noticed with the new version is that apparently Adobe has changed sorting from ASCII to some variation on it.  Sorting by filename, I could put title slides in front of each section easily since "_" sorts ahead of "-".  That's how it is in Windows file explorer and used to be in Bridge, too.  So I rename things and it works again...but I'll bet this will be fixed in a ".1" update and I'll have to change filenames again.

Next problem.  Shooting info (f stop, shutter speed, ISO) shows like they used to or they don't!  We use this in our discussions often ("What aperture did you use?")  Which brings me to the next annoyance.  I have the thumbnails in the center bridge window (I think it's labeled Content.)  Select the first image file and hit spacebar to get a full screen display.  Then I rightarrow advancing.  If there is a question, I hit the spacebar again, and the image that is displayed is the one selected in the center pane.  Not any more.  It reverts to the first selected file, which now has a blue line around it.

Finally, I don't know what I did, but the blue boxes take over, and one is the center thumbnail box that I can select but can't get into.  Finally had to just close Bridge.  I give up.  I probably could spend a few hours and learn how all this works--but WHY?  Bridge is not my life's work.  It's supposed to be a simple selection tool and now worth relearning.  I uninstalled it and then installed the last working version 12.0.3.270 and I have a working program again.  I've disabled auto update, of course.

This new version change for the sake of change, regardless of function.  Not unique at Adobe.  Nomrally, I deal with changes OK.  I know often they're not really improvements, but at least they don't make everything worse!  I think half the world's programmers are just making work to stay employed--and those behind this latest Bridge to Nowhere should be in the unemployment line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines