Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Sorting my shoots by date rather than by filename

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do near-daily photoshoots, and for each shoot I create a folder titled according to the model's name, like this:
John Anderson 4.28.18
John Doe 8.4.21
John Doe 11.21.22
Joseph Jackson 1.31.15

In bridge these are ordered alphabetically by name.  Very, very often however - many times daily in fact -  I need to know which are the most recent shoots in order to complete outstanding jobs.  There are thousands of shoots and it's not a simple thing to browse for recent dates.  I have never found a way to neatly resort this list of folders within Bridge by SHOOT DATE.  Anyone have a workaround?  I've been asking for this for many years and everyone always just tells me to switch to Lightroom. I DO NOT want to lock my images into place with Lightroom and I don't want a lot of responses telling me how much better other programs are. I am specifically looking for suggestions on how to use Bridge to do this.  Perhaps there is some way to add tags or keywords to the folders or all images in each folder?  I'm lost and been frustrated by this for many years.  

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can just change the sort order to "Date Created" instead of "Filename". Is that too simple or do I miss your point?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines