• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The grid in Bridge

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

n Bridge, I'm trying to get my display to show in rows and columns. When I enlarge the thumbnails to a certain size, the display automatically switches to one long line and I can't deal with that display.. I've never had this problem until recently, and it doesn't change even when I click on the grid display at the bottom of the Bridge window next to the sizing of the thubnails..

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UI is quite adaptable to change.

But first I suggest you try the different Workspaces (Menu: Window>Workspaces).

'Light Table' shows the UI as all thumbnails in a total Grid format- [SpaceBar] will enlarge a selected thumbnail 'full-screen'.

With a Vertical filmstrip eg 'Essentials'- the filmstrip can be dragged wider and more columns of thumbnails will appear if the thumbnail size is kept smaller.

ScreenShot400.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Bridge forum from Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ralph, I had the same problem after an update, suddenly the work space changed to one big window and thumbnails on a slider at the bottom: a big long line, no good for the way manage and sort my shots straight out of camera.  I got it back to the way I like it by going to window Unchecked everything. then opened workspace and chose light table. back to the window tab

clicked the check mark on for all the things i want for the task at hand. then used the slider and the click on icons at the bottom of the page to redistibute the componant windows.  Then once set  returned to window then workspace chose save  as new workspace renamed it to suit the task (sorting).  Bridge is now opening in that window as default but it is now saved incase I want it quickly. screen shot below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that explanation. What a shame that they didn't keep the previous procedure—pressing the tab key—to accomplish essentially the same thing. I'm still using Bridge 12.0.4 because it is more efficient, even after they brought back multiple windows in 14.0. Adobe, you need to find out how your professional clients work before making such major changes without warning. Bridge 13 was the worst update in an Adobe product I've seen in over 25 years of working with Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question for those who miss the "Tab" key. 

Please have the focus on a Content tab (with a lot of images) and press the Tilde key "~" placed just above the Tab key. 

Is that what you're looking for?

BTW, if you're not using a US keyboard, don't bother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @DaBee ,  I've been getting very agro since my last update. Finally fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines