• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The image is flickering when watching in full screen mode

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hopeful with the new Bridge (2023 v13), the annoying image flickering would disappear; it didn't. So when I watch a picture in full-screen mode, the photo is flickering. If I load the image again, the flickering might stop or not.

Does anyone have the same issue, and what could be the solution?

(MacBookPro 2019 / macOS Monterey)

Thanks,
Daniel
[website removed by moderator] PEC

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Windows 11.  It just started with the new release.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same on macOS Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my Macbook but not on my Windows 10 PC. When I start a slideshow in Bridge I get about 4 or 5 good stable images then everything starts to flicker at something like 1 a second. I thought it might be something to do with screen refresh or rendering of images in Bridge but if Adobe have been unable to suggest a fix, what chance have I got! It only started when I updated to Bridge 2023. Doesn't flicker on Windows 10 though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. So far, so good with unchecking "Use Software Rendering" and "Generate Monitor Size Previews" in the "Advanced" section of prefereces. I'm using a Mac Studio and Monterey. 

As this is an on-going problem, carrying over from prior versions, please let us know how you were able to solve the problem. A flickering preview in a photo editing program is simply unacceptable.

Thanks,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I quit Bridge and relaunched and the flickering has returned. Maddening. I checked Preferences, and the selections I made in the comment above are the same; they didn't magically revert to the default settings.

Please, Adobe, please fix this.

Thank you.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it when in great anticipation you follow a link, only to get an error 404 message.

I have managed to sort my problem myself. It is a problem that I had ONLY on my Macbook and when screen sharing on Zoom.

On my PC, if I open Bridge with a folder of images - the intent is to share a slideshow of the images. If I then go to Zoom and share my screen with Bridge, then start the show - there's no flickering.

On my Macbook if I do the same thing I get flickering after the first 4 or 5 images at a rate of something like 1 a second which I thought could be something to do with screen refresh or rendering of images. If I stop sharing, open the slideshow in Bridge and THEN share screen, there is no flickering at all so it looks like I have to have a different sequence of events happening in the Macbook than on my PC which is what totally threw me. I have no idea why this happens and why I solved it myself but I did. Any technical explanation would help me to understand a bit more though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it was for windows users, and I tried to clean the link, turns out the crap characters were needed.

Thank you for sharing the additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.2.630). This update includes the fix for this issue. Also, this Beta release includes several bug fixes done in the 13.0.1 public release. For details, see Fixed issues.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel and Check for updates. Then click update for your beta app.

Let us know if this Beta release resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not let me update to this version of Bridge on my MacBook Pro 16-inch. How about fixing the bug in the 12.0 version please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mohit. As stated in another reply, the update seems to work, so far. But a new problem has emerged and I don't know if it's related. The previews are cropped; before they were scaled to fit the screen. I mentioned this in another thread, and included screen shots, but I can't find the discussion to provide the link. See attached. Thanks, Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines