Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The order of keywords in file info

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a set of keywords I am using that I have numbered sequentially for different character values to encode metadata to each image, for example:

gabifran_0-1599156764485.png

The issue is, when I look in file info, the keywords are ordered in the (at times random/ out of sequence) order they were clicked/assigned by me, but not sorted into the number order (0 to 53).

gabifran_2-1599157015758.png

This is problematic, because I am using the ExifTool to export these metadata in excel and they are all jumbled (the goal is that they would retain the numerical order presented in the keywords list, and neatly line up). Any ideas? Sorting in Excel is a headache for the number of files and keywords, plus they are not sorting correctly since they are text values. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Keywords , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entered order is a "constant", some software will display in the entered order while some will display/sort alphabetically... Some software is not consistent between different windows/panels. The safest approach is to enter them in the desired sequence, however you may or may not have control over the display.

https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php?topic=9420.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keywords arte stored in the file in the order you entered them. However, software can intepret the list as it sees fit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines