• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thinking of developing an extension to export files to folders in webservices like box.com, onedrive

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

My first post here and hoping you can help me avoid diving down a rabbit hole if someone has already accomplished this. If there is already an extension that does this, I would appreciate it if you could point me to it! Otherwise, would like advice on where to start to develop myself.

Use-case:

- We have a lot of employees who need to receive files from group of graphic designers that use Adobe Bridge

- We want to avoid the designers manually handing off files to employees and make it easy for them to push files natively from Bridge

- Must be possible for designers to have multiple accounts and folders synced in the extension that they can select to push files to

Appreciate any help!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miuge,

One quick question: are you trying to do this on a server? 

If so, be prepared to either fail or be constantly going "huh??" 

Bridge was never designed to be run on a server. It's intended "home" is on a personal computer.

There are available server solutions that I understand can do what you want but I understand they are pricy. As you can see, I've no personal experience with these other than reading folks who've failed before you. 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gary!

No, we have these designers using Bridge on their desktop/personal computers. I'm looking to provide them with an extension in Bridge they can use on their desktop where they can log into a server e.g. like OneDrive/Dropbox, select files in bridge and push them into folders in the server. 

Once the files are in the server, we already have some cloud functions which can syndicate the files out to employees with a lot of controls. 

Just trying to Bridge the gap to Bridge 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! Well you certainly are way past my areas of expertise!

The best of luck to you, maybe someone else can provide some support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most cloud services have SDKs available. You would need to hire a programmer and start there.

You might also look at software like cURL or Cyberduck/duck to see if you can use those and integrate with Bridge. Bridge can send command line message to the OS. AppleScript is supported on the Mac, Visual Basic on Windows, and you can send Powershell scripts on Windows as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @miugel0101,

for Dropbox at least what want to do is straightforward – at least most of it. No need to code. Simply set up a Dropbox account the classic way, with all files stored on the local machine(s) and in the Cloud. Your Designers could share one account in the way one shares a Network Drive and everyone looks at the same data – they this way could also share the (preview) cache, which as it lives on each local disk is as fast as without a Cloud provider in the game. Depending on the Dropbox account, one can reserve "private" spaces too.

If you want to share a file, you need to localize it in the native file browser, which on Windows means one click. From here you can share. If that's still too many clicks it might be possible to retrieve the Dropbox share link of local files and to make it available directly in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines