• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnails in Bridge went crazy after 2019 update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I installed all of the cc2019 updates and Bridge (worked normally on cc2018) started to behave crazy. I mean all works except preview thumbnails. I get some kind of "static interference" pattern instead of previews.

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and Bridge to solve the issue but no luck.

Computer is iMac Pro 27".

On my old iMac 27" (2011) it works normally after the update.

Screenshot 2018-10-15 at 20.35.22.png

Any idea?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Dear Users,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2019) on 2nd November 2018. The new version build number is 9.0.1.216. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

This Bridge update resolves the thumbnail rendering issue on iMac Pro devices and has few other bug fixes.

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Siddharth

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 155 Replies 155
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed.. having the same issue! So annoying. Bridge has one primary job, which is to serve as a viewing platform. How in the world does the new update have problems with viewing thumbnails? Your new release has failed at the most basic level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, iMac Pro 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a more positive note, it works absolutely fine on all iMacs we have, 5K with GPU as well as the non-HiDpi-Displays. And rather fast, I might add. Actually way better than 2018 version, at least it ... feels that way so far. Will check MacBook Pro later, but assume, it will work as well. It seems to be the iMacPro’s GPU. So, while hoping they can fix this soon, not all blame can be put upon Adobe, seems to be some of Apple's fault as well (although one *could* maybe check at least the most design-bureau-usual-machines before release ;-)). Especially considering that the latest OS and hardware by Apple have been troublemakers with CC2018 already.

It would be really nice, to have a better integration of the Apple-OS/HW and Adobe-software, just as many other software vendors actually actively use the ecosphere Apple provides to work simpler/faster and offer better performance of their apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. I wonder if it's just the iMacs with Retina displays? Dunno, but I'm sure we'll find out.

On another positive note, I will say that the changes I've seen in Bridge, apart from the fact you can't view thumbnails , are really good. The updates to Photoshop IMO are outstanding. I've been working with it most of the day and love what I'm seeing. So if Adobe gets this fixed (and it is a biggie) then we're definitely further ahead. That's what I'm looking forward to at least, but they have to work on the rendering in both Bridge and LR from my perspective.

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only imacPro, works with New MacBook Pro 15"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem iMac Pro 2017....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another IMac Pro pain in the rear!  Just reinstall bridge 2018 until Adobe and Mac learn to play well together.  Ive tried all the work arounds and nothing worked.  bridge 18 reinstalled and working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to pile on, but same issues here.  iMac Pro 2017 with Vega 64 GPU and running MacOS Mojave, rolling back to 2018 for now (glad to at least see an active forum topic on this, was afraid I was alone on this one).  Hopefully Adobe adds an iMac Pro to the test machine suite for future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Seriously, does Adobe even test the Software on the iMac Pro before the release? This issue is so obvious it can not be overlooked. CC on iMac Pro is a thoroughly frustrating experience... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They probably didn't have the budget for an iMac Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia driver has issues. Not sure if any mac users have a Nvidia card.

I am on a windows machine and this what I had to do to fix the thumbnail issue with Windows 10

I had the same thumbnail problems

Go to your NVIDIAControl Panel. Select Manage 3D settings and choose 3D A[p - Visual Simulation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix yet other than reinstalling old version as this is really annoying!
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with me bleh iMac Pro. Did all suggested fixes and purged entire cache but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Followed above suggestions (Cam Raw updated, software rendering on, Clear Media Cache) and thumbnails still glitching in Bridge CC v9.0. Using previous version of Bridge (8.1) until fix is provided.

Specs:

iMac Pro (2017)

3 GHz Intel Xeon W

128 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as those above.  Tried all the potential workaround and Bridge 2018 works fine.  2019 same problem as everyone else iMacPro Vega 64.  64GB memory 2TB SSD OS X Mojave.  Works fine on 2018 MacBook Pro 15. Core I9 with OS X Mojave.  My issue first showed up on Nikon Z7 NEF file, but since the reinstall restart its now on raw, jpg any files even pdfs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here at 2K Games on 2 x iMac Pros as below:

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 09.47.00.png

Please fix this ASAP Adobe!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with iMac Pro 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, 10.14 Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue even after following all the above suggested fixes.

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 10.13.01 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Bridge on my 2017 Mac Pro trash can.

jpegs appear to render OK

Nikon nef files are getting hosed, some but not all.

Some folders are Ok and others 80% or more have thumbnails hosed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thumbnail rendering problem on my iMac Pro 2017. None of the fixes work. Going back to an earlier version of Bridge until a fix is issued by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem

iMac Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on my iMac Pro (3.2 GHz 8 core, 64GB RAM, 16GB Radeon Pro Vega 64). Did the install-the-cc2018-version, which works - but please fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problems. 27" iMac Pro 2017. Tried all of the suggested fixes but none worked. Will downgrade until a fix is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  iMac Pro.

I can't believe that Adobe don't have all their staff running iMac Pro's for all their activities - after all it's the only way of getting Lightroom to ALMOST perform at an acceptable level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines