Participant ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2022  25.5.0

Bridge 2022  12.0.3.270

Windows 10, 64 bit, 21H2

Possible Bridge 2022 Bug

I've now done this on my desktop and laptop which both run the same versions of PS and BR and Bridge 2022 will crash on both when doing the following:

1. Save an image with a text layer as a TIFF in a folder.
  2. Access the folder with Bridge and Bridge will crash.
  3. Save an image with a text layer as a PSD in a folder.
  4. Bridge behaves normally.

Bridge 2022 will also not crash when browsing similar TIFFs created using Photoshop CS6.

Can someone else confirm this behaviour?

Russell

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

I have the same issue. running Bridge 12.0.3.270, supposedly the latest, still the same. My CC app shows I have both 12.03 and 13 installed, but when I open 13 from the CC app it shows as 12.0.3.270.

I unistalled 12.0.3 and I have Bridge 13.0.0.562. It now works, does not crash with tif files with text layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upated to Photoshop 25.5.1 and the SAME bug remains ...

Using Bridge to access a folder with a Photoshop created Tiff that has a text layer causes Bridge to immediatly crash.

Am I the ONLY person seeing this ???

Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, and seeing crashes with images with text layer.  Never happened before including files with text layers that worked fine prior to this latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i can replicate this on the windows side, but not on the mac side.

Screenshot-(995).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirmng. I hope Adobe's paying attention to this as I was expecting it to have been fixed in the most recent update. Using text layers and saving as a TIFF is pretty common ...

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this issue last week, although I didn't know, at the time, that it was related to the text layers in my tiff files. Another user posted later that same day narrowing it down to the tiff files. I replied to my post this morning to try and bring it to the top as there have been no responses regarding solutions. I went into Creative Cloud and reverted back to the previous version of Bridge, which works fine. It's not a solution, but a bandaid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that a previous version of Bridge works OK. I also discovered that TIFFs with text layers that were created using CS6 work fine. It uses the old Legacy Text Engine rather then the Unified Text Engine that arrived with Photoshop 23.0 (October 2021 release).

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something happened from 12.0.2 to 12.0.3, apparently. Hopefully 12.0.4 will have it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same bug with the same Versions of Photoshop and Bridge running on Windows 10. It's very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although not a solution, reverting back to the previous version (12.0.2) seems to fix for now. You just need to ignore the daily notifications of the 12.0.3 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with this new update w Bridge 12.03. I cannot bring up any .tiff pics. Help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

On this machine, I'm on Bridge 12.02, I cannot update myself, and I am able to see a tiff file with text layer I just saved from Photoshop 2022 23.4.1, I'll try whenever we can update this box, but I've seen it's been replicated.

Now, is Bridge set to open all tiffs with Camera Raw? Can you share the offending tiff?

There are many different settings, the kind of compression might be a parameter, for instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without installing v12.0.3 you'll be unable to experience the bug. All compression options have been tested as well as enabling/disabling ACR TIFF support. You can create any TIFF you want w/ a text layer yourself to test with. It's not specific to anyone's 'special' file.

It's been over a month since this BUG has been reported here and in other threads on the Community Forum. I'm quite surprised that Adobe is not fixing this faster as it's not a trivial bug. At least someone from Adobe could acknowledge that the bug is confirmed and they are working on a fix.

I hope you can install v12.0.3 so you can see what we're all referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since PECourtejoie can't update themselves, for their sake, I'd recommend not updating. If they can't update, they probably can't revert.

However, your point about it not being acknowledged is something I've been thinking too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been reported in other venues, But I think the team is busy with the approach of Max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russell,

Thanks for sharing the issue with us. 

We would like to investigate this further. Could you please share a sample file with which you are facing the issue?

Thanks,

Bridge team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you would need me to send you a file that's so simple t create yourself?

Just use a PC running Windows 10 to create an RGB document (any size, any colour space, any bit depth) and then add a text layer (any font, any size) and then save it as a TIFF (any compression, or none) in a folder on the PC.

Browsing the folder containing the resulting TIFF file will cause Bridge v12.0.3 to crash after a second or two.

Are you suggesting that you're not seeing the same problem when you do this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... Seems to affect only tiff files with multiple layers and with Text layers...
Reverting to previous Birdge version 12.0.2 fixes the problem,,, 
HEY ADOBE, ARE YOU GUYS SLEEPING ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my tests it seems to require only a background layer PLUS one text layer. Adding additional layers seems to not affect the result.

I suspect it's being caused by the way Bridge v12.0.3 is interacting with the new Unified Text Engine which was a change made in Photoshop 23.0 (October 2021 release). A folder with older (pre-Photoshop 23) TIFF's with text layers works fine with Bridge v12.0.3.

Changing preview options in Bridge v12.0.3 mades no difference.

Changing from an OpenType typeface (Arial) to a TrueType one mades no difference.

Running Bridge v12.0.3 in Administrator mades no difference.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed there was a PS update when I came into work this morning. Have you tested your theory regarding PS 23 to see if this update affected the problem?
I'm not planning on going back to the newest version of Bridge until the issues seems to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried w/ Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.5.1 and there's no improvement. I think it's really a Bridge issue and nothing to do with Photoshop.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now October 12, 2022 and this problem continues.  Whenever Bridge attenpts to show a tiff file containg a font layer, Bridge crashes in a few seconds.  Photoshop however can open the same file with no difficuly.  This problem did not exist in earlier versions of Bridge.  When is Adoble going to fix this very basic flaw in Bridge?

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rogerw37309625 there is a beta version of Bridge available in the CC application, I would suggest to try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. I installed Bridge 13 (Beta) and the results are interesting.

Bridge 13 (Beta) does not crash when accessing the folder with a "Tiff w/Text layer".

I then tried again with Bridge 12.0.3 and it no longer crashes when accessing that same folder. Interesting indeed ...

I then uninstalled Bridge (Beta) and Bridge 12.0.3 still works fine when accessing the folder with a "Tiff w/Text layer".

I'm wondering if Bridge (Beta) replaces/updates a file that's common to both versions (a DLL?) that's defective in the Bridge 12.0.3 install?

Thank you PECourtejoie. Your suggestion resulted in an unexpected fix. I'll try it on another computer to see if it works there as well.

(BTW: The Bata seems to have other bugs that make it unusable, so I'll stick with 12.0.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is encouraging. I think I'll wait until the next stable update. I doubt there's anything in 12.0.3 that I'm missing by staying with 12.0.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines