• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Titles Under Thumbnails In Bridge Left Aligned Instead Of Centered

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the latest version of Bridge CC, the titles under the thumbnails are no longer centered, but left aligned. It's difficult to believe this is the intended behavior, but I can't find any setting in either preferences or tools to change it. In combination with the enormous padding around the thumbnails, it makes for a very disjointed interface.

Is there a way to improve the flow of the titles?

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 5.53.53 PM.png

Compared to the previous interface, nice and tidy

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 8.55.37 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you show the rest of the metadata lines, you'll see that it uses the entire tile width.

Annotation 2020-01-16 085819.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're saying I should clutter up my workspace with unnecessary data just to fill in empty gaps in the interface. I don't need to see metadata on every image, I can look over at the sidebar for that. Photography is just one use for Bridge, I also use it to organize and navigate my files and projects. Anyway, my screenshot is a panel of folders which don't have metadata. The titles are not easily seen because they are not aligned with the folders, and there's a 3/4" gap between them. Part of my work is being able to quickly navigate my files, which becomes more difficult when I have to scroll endlessly and dart back and forth to see what I need. This latest iteration of the Bridge interface is a step backward imo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michele,

Very interesting issue.

I checked back and in Bridge 2018 the text was centered alligned but by 2019 I'm seeing left alligned. 2020 is only continueing what I'm seeing in 2019.

Neither in 2018, 2019, or 2020 are there any controls (that I can find) to change that allignment.

Now, all that notwithstanding, what you show in your screenshots is not good. It took me a while but I finally figured out that the problem you are seeing is because you are looking at Folders, not images. Folders do not fill up the quantum space that Bridge provides and THAT'S why the distance is so great. If you look at your images, the distance between the bottom of the thumbnail and the text is much less. 

There are several options I can suggest for you now to make it more palitable for the time being, but there is NO immediate fix for this. What I do suggest is that you go to Bridge's Uservoice, show these screenshots and make a request for a allignment request for this metadata. FWIW, I think that's a good idea and you have a very valid point. Go to: https://adobebridge.uservoice.com

OK, things you can do now:

1) decrease the size of the images using the slider on the bottom of the screen. That does bring them closer together.

2) Switch to View Content by Lists

2020-01-16_10-44-51.png

Lastly, one other approach to consider is that you have both your Theme and Image Backdrop (in your Preferences under Interface) exactly the same and dead black. This makes the entire region the same color and makes it larger than it appears to be. You might want to play with the Image Backdrop slider and see if you can find a shade that works better for you for your needs.

FWIW, while I completely agree with your issue, the problem never came to bother me becuase I have my slider set smaller (which reduces the distance from the thumbnail to the text), As Lumigraphics pointed out if you have more text, it's less of an issue, and my Interface color and Image Backdrop shading is radically different than yours so these issues never came up to either of us.

So, please make your reqeust to UserVoice, explain and show why this is a problem, and hopefully (for everyone) something can come out of this. But please be aware that things move very slowly. This could be fixed to your needs in a few months or a year (if at all). If you expect a fix in a week you will be disappointed.

Let us know if any of the short term options work for you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your advice Gary, thank you for the effort. I get eye strain, so adding clutter with list view or meta info is not favorable, nor is making everything smaller (which btw, made little difference). I rely on Bridge a lot because it made navigation of files on my Mac much easier - finder text is quite small and there's no option to scale up the results.

You are correct that when a folder has only images, the gap is smaller, but when there are folders mixed in with images, same problem. Two nearly identical screenshots reveal that thumbs used to be bottom aligned, now everything appears to be vertically centered, and the larger the scaling, the more ridiculous the gap becomes.

Bridge 2018

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 11.26.35 AM.png

Bridge 2020

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 11.24.46 AM.png

Large scaling..so bad!

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 11.54.06 AM.png

Having the desktop and workspace the same black color made zero effect.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 11.30.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-16 at 11.29.37 AM.png

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I'll take your advice request improvements at the link you provided. I appreciate yours and Lumigraphics help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please - Please - Please do as Gary suggested and vote for the thumbnail text in Bridge to be centered. While you're there, please also vote to get rid of the dark thumbnail backgrounds.

https://adobebridge.uservoice.com/forums/905323-feature-request?query=align

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Left justified file titles are awful and I am unable to find any setting to revert them back to centered also. Hoping that Adobe can provide a fix for this ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this still isn't ideal, I discovered if you checkmark the "Thumbnails only" box at the bottom right, it will center the titles - but also adds a shaded box behind it. I find this to be better than left justified at least.

Annotation 2020-02-04 104739.png

If you checkmark the "Tiles" box next to it, it will put a shaded box behind the thumbnail and title both. Hoepfully this will work for you also as a temporary fix until Adobe provides an update that re-centers the titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremy,

Clever approach but exactly which release are you using.

On the Mac that doesn't seem to work as when I select "Thumbnails Only," there is no text, thumbnails only. Also, my UI appears different, see below. It also shows there's no text when Thumbnails Only is selected.

Otherwise, there is no reason/excuse for there to be no option for left/center/right alligned text. Please go to 

https://adobebridge.uservoice.com

and add to the list of folks wanting more options for the text.

2020-02-04_10-22-44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here with the same issue.  It is a terrible eye sore with the new change: left-justified titles.   When browsing thorugh folder sometimes the titles fall in between one anotherand it's very disorienting.  

To the response below about checking/toggling "Thumbnails Only" box (or Command+T) to re-center the title: this is still annoying because when viewing image files (i.e. jpeg, raws, etc.) the title completely disappears in "Thumnails only" mode, making picture browsing more difficult.

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 3.04.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-06 at 3.04.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to CC and I'm having the same issue! Has anyone figured out how to center the image titles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent quite some time on this and finally just went back to using 2018. No more issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its a not a option that is currently available in bridge.

Hopefully one day it will happen. Once pigs learn how to fly.....................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines