• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring images from Bridge to Photoshop is very slow and unresponsive - Windows OS

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi for a long time I have used bridge to view raw files and selected them to open PS raw editor before opening in photoshop to finish. My old PC gave up the ghost and I bought a refurbished Dell after which Bridge to photoshop froze and went slow. Thinking this might be because of the performance today I did a PC build with 32 Gb 3000 Ram Gigabyte B450 Mobo Ryzen 5 2600 6 core processor  and Radeon 570 8Gb GPU but this made no difference to the performance at all so I am guessing it is settings somewhere I have updated to the latest version of Bridge and Photoshop  so please help

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the slow performance, could you please let us know the version of Bridge and Photoshop you're working with?

Could you please try some troubleshooting steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

I am using 21.1.2 PS and 10.0.3.138 version of Bridge.

Regards,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying to get this to work I have discovered that it is not bridge that is the problem but Photoshop. I opened photoshop and instead of using bridge opened a raw file from my drive that I store photo's on and the results are the same which is it is slow to load the camera raw interface and when you try selecting any options like auto or exposure etc it does not respond for about 20 seconds. Thinking that it might be my camera's raw files I loaded an older raw file from an older camera with the same result. So my thoughts on this are this has only happened with the last few updates and my question is can you roll back updates to an earlier version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry forgot to mention I have uninstalled photoshop rebooted PC and reinstalled PS but this has not fixed the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved which turned out to be a windows issue I had to do a fresh install of windows and delete whatever was on my c drive then do all the usual stuff after windows install. I logged onto Adobe cloud and reinstalled Bridge Photoshop and Lightroom and now tested them all and they work perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines