• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to edit the 'Date Created' metadata but getting an error message

Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the 'Date created' metadata is wrong on some of my photos but when I try to edit them in Bridge I'm getting a message saying "This property cannot be modified":

default152flg52nj82_0-1621507929083.png

Any ideas on how to fix this please? I can actually edit some other metadata (it has a pencil next to it) - just not this. Thank you 🙂 

TOPICS
How to , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can not edit the "Date Created" directly from the "File Propertied" time as it is only a readable property.

You can edit the "Edit Capture Time" by going to the "Camera Data (Exif)" and editing the "Date Time Original".

Changing here will reflect in the "Date Created" section.

Let us on know if this helps.

Regards,

Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the Edit Menu (Top left) and there is an option to "Edit Capture Time" which works in various ways to achieve what you want.Edit Capture Time.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you edit just the date and not the time? When you change multiple photos it gives all of the photos that same set time instead of aggregating the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this free software does the trick:

Attribute Changer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines