Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Unable to add metadata to images in Bridge v. 9.0.2

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the release of version 9.0.2 of Adobe Bridge, I am no longer able to append the metadata in my photographs. WHen I select all photos in Bridge, then go to Tools>Append Metadata and select the metatdata template I want to add, I now get an Adobe Bridge message, which states:

The metadata of some of the selected items cannot be changed since either these do not support XMP Metadata or their thumbnail generation is in progress.

Do you want to continue and apply the changes to some of the selected items only?

What do I need to do to get around this issue? I MUST add metadata to my photographs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just ran into this issue with some MP4 files. I found that if I selected the files, right clicked, then selected "Purge Cache for Selection," I was then able to edit the metadata.

Hope that helps!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines