• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to rename / batch rename RAW files | works in normal file browser

Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I moved some folders of RAW files from an SD card to Dropbox. The latter runs in a sync setup – all files are also stored on the local Windows 10 machine.  All fine, so far – until I tried renaming these files in Bridge. "Rename" for single files wasn't even shown in the context menu and F2 did nothing. The batch-rename dialogue opened, but it didn't allow for interaction. When I revealed the same files in Windows Explorer I could rename them without problems. 

I could resolve the issue with a ridiculous action – and I have no idea what happened in the background: I moved the RAW files from Dropbox to a purely local folder and back to their original storage location. After this operation files were ready to get renamed and also batch renaming worked.

Does anyone know this and has an idea how to avoid moving large files back and forth?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge cannot work properly with files on cloud storage. Period. You WILL have problems. Only work on local files, NOT sync'd files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As stated in my first post – these files are 100% local on my machine – but they also live on Dropbox. I have worked with this setup for a decade and with countless files (pretty much all of my business assets) – and it never caused issues. I would be very surprised, if this occurrence was related with Dropbox at all. To me, this looks like a folder permissions hiccup caused by something while writing from the SD-card to the folder. I have done the same thing many times before, I just wonder what happened last time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines