Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save the raw conversion settings

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-lyfh0n.jpg

 I've tried so many times but I keep getting this error message. Any solutions please. 

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 6 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

It looks like you're on a Mac. Did you OK Bridge's access to locations on your computer like the Desktop and external Drives?

This is not the fault of Adobe or anyone; this is Apple making sure that applications that have not been given permission to access areas of your computer cannot access those areas of your computer.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @JoannaPJ 

Can you please tell me when that error message shows up? 

When you're trying to commit an ACR change?

When you did the Security and Privacy process, I show above?

Exactly when does it show up? What are you doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Where are these files located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

What happens if you move the files to your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Oh good.

Look, I know people do not want to hear what they are doing is wrong or strongly not recommended but I have to say that doing ANYTHING on the card holding your images is very very dangerous. Assuming that you have not backed up the images to your computer, that means that those images are ONLY copy you have of those images. If ANYTHING goes wrong, the images are gone. Poof! Gone!

Generally, a good practice is to bring the images to your general computer storage location. Then back them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Great, thanks

BTW, if you could please click on the "Correct Answer" on my comments of the things I've pointed out that helped you, that will help others.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're on a Mac. Did you OK Bridge's access to locations on your computer like the Desktop and external Drives?

This is not the fault of Adobe or anyone; this is Apple making sure that applications that have not been given permission to access areas of your computer cannot access those areas of your computer.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it; it will now appear in that window, and make sure it's checked. Next, go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

[Note: these images are from an older OS, the process is the same.]

gary_sc_0-1666650458337.png

gary_sc_1-1666650458337.png

Close everything up and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply and help. 

It's not working. I keep getting this message. (See photo) then nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JoannaPJ 

Can you please tell me when that error message shows up? 

When you're trying to commit an ACR change?

When you did the Security and Privacy process, I show above?

Exactly when does it show up? What are you doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Basically, I open up Adobe Bridge, select all my images to rotate them, then I press done. Then that message appears.

I've done as you said but no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I have just tried to label some images as Approved with the green label and it's not allowing that either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these files located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are on a SanDisk camera chip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you move the files to your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this. Bear with me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all suddenly working now. 

As well as your advice, I cleared the Cache of Bridge as well as Photoshop. Cleaned up all unnecessary files and did a System Software update as well.

Thank you very much Gary 😊🙌🏾

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh good.

Look, I know people do not want to hear what they are doing is wrong or strongly not recommended but I have to say that doing ANYTHING on the card holding your images is very very dangerous. Assuming that you have not backed up the images to your computer, that means that those images are ONLY copy you have of those images. If ANYTHING goes wrong, the images are gone. Poof! Gone!

Generally, a good practice is to bring the images to your general computer storage location. Then back them up onto a second hard drive. ONLY at that point is the camera card available for reformatting.

Also, any work you do while the image is on the camera card is vulnerable to the simple fact that the media for image storage from the camera is not designed to also be manipulated by PS, lightroom, etc. A lot of this is based on the need for swap space room by these applications. 

I hope all this makes sense. If you have any questions, please ask. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely right! Thank you for the reminder. I will do this from NOW.

Thanks again 👍🏽

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thanks

BTW, if you could please click on the "Correct Answer" on my comments of the things I've pointed out that helped you, that will help others.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines