• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

undesired Camera Raw update double work time

Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Adobe tech got rid of the awful camera raw that makes one take twice as many steps, or more, cropping and changing settings.  Now CC updated again and I am back to the unwanted later version of Camera Raw that more than doubles the time of my workflow.  These designers just seem to figure out ways to make things more difficult, it seems.  How can I roll back to the earlier version that worked fine.

TOPICS
Camera RAW , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is wrong with these developers?  I just went to Camera Raw where I used to select all and then go down the column, clicking or unclicking trash and making my changes.  This was so fast, that I showed my method to someone who always used Lightroom and she switched to this method.  Now I don't even see a trashbin.  I can't believe how unworkable this is. This what I am trapped into a pay-forever scheme for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am astonished that no one cares that it doesn't crop or rotate the same way, affecting the image rather than the crop.  that you can no longer make the exposure changes on the crop, doubling steps, removing the wastebasket and the column, so that instead of both hands working together rapidly,  I have to cross left hand over right to hit delete instead of keeping it on the left.  I can only conclude that most people don't know that you can edit faster in Bridge than Lightroom and don't care, and that the developers are making it so convuluted that people will use Lightroom.  I have that, tried and don't like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this method of rotation, I can't even rotate all the way, as the edges prevent the full turn.  Someone who likes this version, tell me why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got news for you many of the things implemented in the latest verision of ACR are now in Lightroom which indiates to me that ACR is the new template going forward in Lightroom.

The issue you face is that more people desire the workflow that ACR presents now , rather then your specific workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I watched someone who used Lightroom to edit, then showed someone how much faster I could do in Bridge, she was impressed as switch.  

What do people like about it? The inability to both crop and change exposure in one step?  Not being able to just draw a rectangle around what you want to crop, and instead making a rectangle and moving the desired area into it?  Having rotations that can't be completed because the edges of the non cropped are bump against the boundary?  Not being able to click outside the image to uncrop and start over?   No longer having a trash bin?  

So what about it do people like more? I have seen other complaints.

Before, I would select all in the column, make adjustments to the first, deselect that and it goes to the next.  Might have to move the  crop a little, or not, likewise with exposure.  If I didn't want the image, click the trash bin.  This selects all below, so if the next I wanted, I would click again to unselect all below.  I'd go down the whole list this way using Control to deselt each succeeding top one till I was at the bottom.  Very fast.  

Now, not only does the process take multiple times as long, but because of the way it displays, I almost deleted a whole series because it was just showing a trash can instead of an image with an X.

If people like doing things that take away control and make things take many times as long.  That is there privelege.  But the issue is, why do I pay ~$11/month for something that forces an automatic update into something that I have no desire for and wastes my time.  An Adobe tech rolled it back for me, then an unwanted update put it back.  I thought it was apt that Adobe used a picture of someone with an empty head when they used Photoshop.  Seems what they think buyers have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop still crops in the tradional way.   Proof that the changes in Bridge are just to make it so unworkable that people will go to Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That ship has sailed. ACR will not be going back to prior versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

comments have been deleted

poster has reported to the forum moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines