• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update to Bridge 12.0.2.252 excludes opening files in Illustrator CC

Participant ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Bridge yesterday to v 12.0.2.252 and, now, files cannot open in Illustrator from Bridge. All files default to open in Photoshop! Illustrator is not even an option when right clicking on the file to select "Open with." This has happened at least once previously with an update to Bridge about a year or so ago.

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

I did follow the suggestions recommended in a post from 2020 and was able to resolve the issue --which was to go into Bridge Preferences / File Type Associations and re-select Illustrator for certain file types -- but it shouldn't be necessary to update existing preferences whenever the app updates.

Second, in the File Type Association for .eps files and .ai files, Bridge preferences showed "Explorer setting," meaning whatever setting Microsoft Explorer shows for that type of file. I looked at m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did follow the suggestions recommended in a post from 2020 and was able to resolve the issue --which was to go into Bridge Preferences / File Type Associations and re-select Illustrator for certain file types -- but it shouldn't be necessary to update existing preferences whenever the app updates.

Second, in the File Type Association for .eps files and .ai files, Bridge preferences showed "Explorer setting," meaning whatever setting Microsoft Explorer shows for that type of file. I looked at my Explorer settings and I had already indicated the preference for .eps and .ai files to be opened by Adobe Illustrator. Apparently, the Bridge update wasn't / isn't allowing adequate communication with Explorer. I had to go back to Bridge preferences and indicate Adobe Illustrator 2022 to get Bridge to open either .eps or .ai files in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines