• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update to Bridge 2023

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Bridge 2023 from previous version yesterday and I am having problems working on the application, everytime I browse through my pictures folder the application keeps crashing, really annoying, I can't work on anything. Is anyone else is having the same problem?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @franciscov81324533 

Could you please share which types of files that folder contains, also if the issue is specific to a particular folder or coming for other folders as well..

Please submit the crash report mentioning the scenario and your email ID through crash reporter dialogue, that will help the team to investigate the crash.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding Swati. After reading your e-mail I went and tried other folders from the one I was originally browsing and for some reason there were no issues, so, I went back to the folder I had problems and it happened again, the application quit while I was browsing the folder. The folder in question is mainly jpg files from different IPhones I have owned over the years. I am running Monterrey 12.6 on an IMac Apple M1.

Another thing, every time I re-open the application it asks me to compact my cache, which I had never seen on previous versions before or done after opening the application.

Thank you again,

Francisco.

Francisco A. Valladares

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never got another reply from Adobe, however, I got the application working by no using the navigation bar on top of the window, instead, I am using the navigation window on the left, go figure. I just hope someone looks into this, is not a big deal since I know the navigation window works without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering this problem too since installing the latest updates for Photoshop, Bridge and Camera Raw on Oct 18th, 2022). To Bridge is more F--- up than ever with constant crashing, freezing to even undoing file sorting of image (raw to jpeg) for no good reason. On top of that, when opening my Camera Raw Preferences in Bridge I get this message in a pop-up window:

Camera Raw editing is not enabled.

Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been licensed.

WTF? Is it saying my creative Cloud Photo Package with Photoshop and Bridge not licensed?

I have been using Adobe Bridge along with Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign for more than 15 years and I have never seen it this bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V13 of bridge is very buggy I have had numerous problems including a weird pulsing effect of the screen when viewing photos. I have gone back to V12 and all works well again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calling V13 buggy is an understatement. For sorting, organizing to even just plain browsing images to see which ones to pull for a job have been at times insufferable. Every time I opened a folder, all the images file would be randomly re-arranged, not to mention almost never in a the same order each time. Then there was the ever system closing where the app is no longer responding. On top of that, when opening my Camera Raw Preferences in Bridge I get this message in a pop-up window:

Camera Raw editing is not enabled.

Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been licensed.

It’s basically saying my creative Cloud Photo Package with Photoshop and Lightroom is not licensed?

After having enough of this BS, I switched back V12 of Bridge. To say the least, it is once again functional.

I have been using Adobe Bridge along with Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign for more than 15 years and I have never ever seen Bridge this badly F---ed up before. Whoever was head of software development in this department should been given the pink slip or at least demoted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There have been many critical crashes fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583 including folder cruising and navigation. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.

You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines