• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User interface scaling options lacking

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User interface scaling options are 100% or 200%, with no other choices.

I have difficulty reading the font, especially in the ACR menus, and recognizing the icons using 100%, with font sizing set to its largest option, nearly unusable.

200%, with font sizing set to its smallest option, makes the UI enormous, unnecessarily using up my screen real estate, also nearly unusable.

See attached for screen shots.

Minimal options should be 100, 125, 150, 175, & 200%.

I'm quite happy with all of my other applications, e.g., my browsers are set to 100% magnification.

My eyes are not what they used to be, requiring reading glasses at times, but still not requiring glasses full time.  These latest UI changes leave much to be desired.

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Feature request , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOR YEARS we've been asking for a UI scale to match photoshop, et al. I have no idea how other professionals work with this, it's embarassing. Either the font is bigger than your hand, or its smaller than 4 pixels. 

In phtoshop you can shrink the UI to meet your needs, then pump up the text so its stil ledgable. It is bafflingly different in Bridge. Fonts remain tiny. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your preference.

You can select 4 different sizes of fonts for either 100% or 200% UI scaling.

The UI scaling of the workspace is determined the the OS scaling settings you setup.

Bridge and PS have two separate scaling configurations that tie into the OS.2020-09-03_7-37-16 bridge font scaling.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response.

"Bridge and PS have two separate scaling configurations that tie into the OS."

This is the problem. Also 100% and 200% scaling are the problem as neither appropriate for 4k displays, they are in fact comically large or small. The font size change does little to address this as well. How can Photoshop and After Effects have a correct UI, but Bridge can't? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1... this would be a very very welcome upgrade to my expereince!

(Just joined this community tab to post about it, and found this thread.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nearly six months later, no improvements to this....Nothing.  We need other "User Interface Scaling" options between viewing options between 100% and 200%, or Adobe needs to change their approach to their menu designs.  Bridge & ACR are the ONLY applications I have this difficulty with.

Meanwhile...

“Adobe delivered record Q4 and FY20 revenue performance amidst an unprecedented macroeconomic environment,” said Shantanu Narayen, president and CEO, Adobe. “As the undisputed leader in three growing categories – creativity, digital documents and customer experience management – we are well-positioned to capture the massive market opportunity ahead of us in 2021 and beyond.”

While PS, Bridge, and ACR are required for my work, on a personal level, I'm learning and moving to Capture One and Affinity Photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines