• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using adobe Bridge 2022 makes me angry

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe bridge and photoshop for many years. After upgrading to creative cloud 2022 I have experienced a slow an unresponsive platform. Using bridge to rotate an image using command and ]  (mac)it can take up to two minuets and lags and can not process multiple images. The enrite bridge program is slow and unusable. If anyone has any insight on how to speed up bridge to rotate images please respond. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Image processor , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is basically unusable and Adobe wont listen to end users.  The time it takes to build the cache is completely unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BrianBrand2022 

Thanks alot for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the issue.

Could you please share the following information regarding the issue:

1. Bridge version

2. System Configuration

3. Files/Formats on which the issue is coming.

4. Are you running Bridge on Apple M1?

Please share the sample files on which issue is observed at sharewithbr@adobe.com

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues as well.  I have always used "Tools-Photoshop-Image processor" to convert my print ready tif images to jpgs.  Where did it go and please put it back.  I need this to batch convert my photography.  I have Bridge 2022 on PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge 12.0.0.234

Mac IOS 12.0.1 Apple chip M1 pro

Files are JPG 3024 x 4032 2.75 MB 72 ppi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar issues with Bridge 2022 (12.0.1.246). I was having lag issues on Big Sur. Upodated to Montery against my better judgement and although the OS itself is snappier, Bridge is not. Every click on bridge, whether to scroll, or rotate, or even open the preferences causes the cursed MAC spinning rainbow ball. Trying to rotate a thumbnail is jerky at best parial roatations of some and then another rotation until finally teh rotation is complete - not fluid at all and most of the time, the spinning ball. Memory leaks when Photos Shop and Bridge are running (only programs open) is immense - often with 30GB of cached memory I have to free up to keep working. My files are stored on a Pegasus raid 5 drive hooked directly into a 2019 iMacPro (which I am not fond of) via thunderolt 3. I thought it was maybe the Pegasus drive so I switched to another Pegasus that is actually faster hooked up by Thunder bolt 2 to a TB3 adaptor.... same issues. SO I wonder -- is there a problem with how many files can be in a folder for Bridge to work correctly? My current art project has 3,480 files (3365 hidden)... the files are shot on a 50MP camera and so the raw files are large ofr raw at avg. 68MB — the PSD file are from 2GB-28GB (there are 267 of those).... yes it is a BIG folder. The cache is stored IN the folder on the remote drives. SO I WENT TO A MUCH SMALLER FOLDER with 55 items also on the Pegasus Drive. Those files are a few MB each.... Bridge works liek it is supposed to ... quick, no delays, no spinning balls.

So now I would like to know... how do I adjust the settings in Bridge so that the VERY large folder I do most my work from for this current fine art project is snappy again. Bridge 2020, 2021, and 2022 - 22 being the worst, all having problems now since updating to newest verion updates... and updating to Montery didn't help. IS there is any way to get Bridge and Photoshop 2019 back? AS I recall - it worked better than 20-22.

Cache has been rebuilt, compacted, what else can I do?
Please help with settings advice or let me know what the folder and file limitations are for Bridage. Hopefully something in settings can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 5Dsr and Bridge handles those files reasonably well, even with 2015 Macs. However, Bridge doesn't do well with large folders. Your best bet is to break things up into smaller subfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Lumigraphics. I will work on that this weekend. I too am using a 5DsR and occasionally a rented  R5 and rarely, GFX-100s. I will report back on how this goes. Thank you again for your recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to have sped Bridge up by breaking the large folder into smaller folders. Each smaller folder builds thumbs much quicker and no spinning balls. Thnk you @Lumigraphics 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incorrect!! 

Dividing images into smaller folders helps a little. Also, 

In menu adobe bridge 2020>>Preferences>>Advanced select use Software Rendering

The files take a very long time to rotate using ⌘ Command + [ (Apple Mac M1 IOS 12.12.1) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian @BrianBrand2022 . Sorry to hear that isn't a fix for you. That makes me less confident in the improvement I am seeing in my system. So far it is working for me (having split up the large folder to smaller folder subgroups), though that didn't use to be necessary to the best of my recollection. But then, this folder of mine was almost 2TB of images with that being almost 4,000 files (not a lot by any measure), and an equal number of invisible files (XMP and the new format from ACR I am sure), though as mentioned many of those files ranged between 2 and since checking, 28GB with the average PSD file weighing 8GB. However - Bridge is far from awesome. I give you that for sure. But all versions of Bridge have not had the spinning ball issue or lag problems I was having since I broke up the folder. Maybe I had a corrupt cache and restructuring changed that??? (That is a guess, and not helpful to you) — would like to hear from Adobe. May be unrelated but I also quit dropbox and adobe creative cloud. In my current set up I turned off software rendering and generate monitor-size previews. I am using a 2019 Intel iMac Pro running Monterey now. I haven't seen the problems I was having in Bridge on my MacBook M1 chip (running Big Sur)... but the largest folder for the M1 Laptop was from a location shoot and though it had a couple of thousand raw 5DsR and 1Dx raw files, it didn't have any of those very large PSD and Tif files. My problems in the setup may be different than yours with a similar outcome in performance (rotating files, lagging, etc). But for now, the scaled folder and subfolders, have put me back to work again. Memory leakage between Adobe and Apple still is a huge problem no matter how much RAM I add and that compounds the problem for performance. I will try changing between software rendering on and off and see what happens. Thanks for recommending that. Hope you find another solution here that fixes the problem for you and that we can all apply as well. How do I un-"correct answer" my reply to Lumigraphics so this thread stays active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unmarked it but that's the real fix, and you'll see lots of threads in this forum about performance. I work with large folders (I'm dealing with 16,000+ images per today) and even on a fast SSD, Bridge is somewhat of a dog. Cutting down the number of files in a folder does make a big difference, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics no complaints from me - it worked in my case. And I thank you personally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe spinning ball on every move. Very discouraging and upsetting flow of creative process. Earlier versions OK. Sytem used: Mac V10.15.7 ; Bridge v 12.01.246. Bridge was awesome now a frustration. Looking for another organizing program. Note: Mac OS has something to do with this. It seems indexing is bogged down by security scrutiny using our processing power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, I'm using small file folder content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem with Brige 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution. On Mac M1/2/3 you need to install the Rosetta 2 app from Apple (for other software emulation). Don't ask me why but on all my machines now bridge has the hardware acceleration available and works flawlessly. Hope this can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines