Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Cloud Storage with Bridge OR Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Is it possible to use the Adobe Cloud Storage to store photos and then be able to access these from either Bridge or Lightroom across multiple devices without downloading/syncing? I will not be swapping between Bridge and Lightroom, I will choose one program to use depending on which works best!

What I would like to be able to do is access the images via one of these apps, and then use it to search through the catalogue using keywords/tags to filter the images and pull together PDFs for clients. I would also need to be able to edit and add keywords/tags. This needs to be done while all the images remain in the cloud - I don't want them to have to sync image to my device in order to make these searches or changes, as I have found to be the case while using Bridge or Lightroom with DropBox. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.Currently PS and LR are the only two programs that will sync with the cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Is it possible to access and organise the images as I have described with Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Makasiho,

My quick answer is probably not. In your "wish" statement you do refer to Lightroom but unfortunately do to someone at Adobe who needs a knock on the head, we have multiple "Lightrooms." Are you referring to Lightroom Classic (where the images all reside on your computer), or Lightroom (where all of your images reside in the clouds).

It "sounds" like Lightroom would do for you want you want. Regardless, Bridge is not going to be anywhere close to what you want/need.

Either in LR or LR-classic you can have "Albums" or "Collections" (respectively) which allow you to take any subset of your images and hold them there for easy access/viewing. In addition, with either program you can link those images to LR-Web (lightroom.adobe.com) where you can select any of the Collection/Folders and share selected ones with a client/friend/whomever for either on-on-one views or open the viewing up to anyone who wanders by.

I think that's what you want. If not, please let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines