• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Extendscript to turn on and off a filter for labels

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, quick Extendscript question. I'm using Bridge 2018 to display customer images at a point of sale. I want to write a script that minimises the interaction from my assistant (they select and label a set of images red and then handover to the customer to view the selected images and re-label the ones to add to a shortlist). 

I've written some scripts previously (some time ago though) but going through the reference guide I can't see how I can control the filter panel. As a start I want to:

* Turn on the filter for labels RED

* Turn off the filter for every other label colour. 

I know I can toggle these with CMD>ALT>6 but I need to make sure the red label filter is on (and everything else is off) before progressing further. Is this possible and if so, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can define filters but I don't think there is a way to turn them on and off. Look at the FilterDescription object to see if that might work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lumigraphics, I'll take a look at the object and do some testing to see if I can get control of the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By scripting you may do it only for No Label:

app.document.chooseMenuItem('ShowUnlabeled')

And for all other labels, unfortunately all together:

app.document.chooseMenuItem('ShowLabeled')

Ps. I didn't know there's shortcut to turn on / off specific filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Kukruykus, I'll take a look at that and see if I can fit my workflow around it.

PS I came across that shortcut some time back and forgot all about it! I've got it programmed onto a Contour Shuttle which I use for quick editing in Bridge and ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines