• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing thumbnails of .arw on Bridge photo downloader

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see thumbnails of raw files from Fuji and Nikon using Bridge Photo downloader but not those from my Sony camera (RX100iv) I am using the latest version of Bridge 10.0.3. What do I need to do bring how Bridge deals with Sony Raw files in line with that of Fuji and Nikon. The downloader still works fine . . . .  it is just that it does not show thumbnails of the files being downloaded.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reversingmirror,

I checked and that Sony is one of the many cameras supported (Cameras supported by Camera Raw) (Scroll down to Sony to see it listed). I do not own a Sony camera so I am unable to check for myself.

Thefirst thing I'd try to resolve this is to refresh/replace the caches. Please go through this to see what this is and how to work with it: Work with the Adobe Bridge cache

Next is to rebuild the Preferences. Here's how to do that: Resetting Bridges Preferences

Please let us know if this resolves the issue, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gary. But the problem viewing thumbnails is limited to the photo downloader (ie once downloaded I see thumbnails whilst using Bridge)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, no one can acuse me of being a great reader...

Sorry, there are so many folks who have this issue within Bridge that I assumed. My bad.

One other thing to check on and try is do you have Bridge in the Adobe Bridge folder in the Applications folder (if you are on a Mac) or whereever it's supposed to be if you are on a PC?

Oh, one other thing to try/check: how are you connecting your images to your computer: do you use a card reader (very strongly recommended) or directly from the camera (not recommended at all).

Thanks (and I'm reading very slowly now to make sure I'm reading what's there),

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines