• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's happening with the last update?? Bridge-ACR unusable

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bridge-acr workflow is unusable after the update.

- in bridge, image icon and image preview have different colors

- in ACR the geometry/perspective control is bugged.

- bridge uses 8gb of RAM being in a folder with only  40 items

- in ACR you can't right click and zoom 66, 100, 200%,

- in ACR you cant scroll photos with mouse wheel

- in ACR, selecting few photos (shift+click) you may click the export icon

WHAT ARE YOU DOING????

It's a professional tool, we pay for it, damn.

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lopell

-- in bridge, image icon and image preview have different colors

I'm certainly not seeing this (and I'm assumig you mean image thumbnail versus the image in the Preview Panel

--- in ACR the geometry/perspective control is bugged.

Need more information. "Bugged" doesn't mean anything. What are you doing, what are you seeing. Screenshots would help.

--- bridge uses 8gb of RAM being in a folder with only  40 items

Are they large images? Small images? Raw, jpg, Again, need more information.

--- in ACR you can't right click and zoom 66, 100, 200%

You do not need to click, try dragging your mouse left and right (with mouse-down).

--- in ACR you cant scroll photos with mouse wheel

I have my imaages on the left side of the ACR window, there are more images than can fit. I can scroll the images with the mousewheel although it is very sluggish. But it does scroll with mouse wheel.

-- in ACR, selecting few photos (shift+click) you may click the export icon

Just clicking at any image in the left-hand side may cause this, good catch.

Please, in the future, add your OS, and what release. Normally I'd ask for which version of the software you were using but that not necessary here, it's obviously the new release.

And please, I, like just about everyone else here does not work for Adobe. I'm a user, just like yourself. We do this because we like to help. Being loud or beligerant does not make things happen any faster. Please be nice.

Fair enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gary and thank you. I'm sorry, it's obviously not your fault, but maybe someone in adobe will read this, or at least I hope so. I think you can understand that having so many problems, without the possibility to install the previous version, with a job deadline, without a true technical support, could be really bleak.

Anyway, I'm on win 10 system, ndvidia gpu, hardware calibrated screen. I never had this kind of problems until last update.

-- in bridge, thumbnail and image preview have different colourscolours.JPG

--- bridge uses 8gb of RAM being in a folder with only  40 items

Are they large images? Small images? Raw, jpg, Again, need more information.

It's not a problem of image size. Bridge is now slower than before, on the same images/folders.

--- in ACR you can't right click and zoom 66, 100, 200%

You do not need to click, try dragging your mouse left and right (with mouse-down).

I need to go fast to 100, 200% and back again to fit screen. The drag zoom can't bring me exactly to the zoom I want. 103,5% is not 100%, I need the exact value... Need a video?

-- in ACR, selecting few photos (shift+click) you may click the export icon

Just clicking at any image in the left-hand side may cause this, good catch.

This happens if you are working fast, and it's not good. It's not a bug, but something that a good interface shouldnt have.

--- in ACR you cant scroll photos with mouse wheel

I have my imaages on the left side of the ACR window, there are more images than can fit. I can scroll the images with the mousewheel although it is very sluggish. But it does scroll with mouse wheel.

Solved, mouse wheel works with vertical filmstrip. It does not work with horizontal one, but I don't need it.

--- in ACR the geometry/perspective control is bugged.

Need more information. "Bugged" doesn't mean anything. What are you doing, what are you seeing. Screenshots would help.

Can't explain, as architecture photographer I use it a lot. And happened few times that values were not corresponding with the amount of correction introduced. And coming back to "0" was not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lopell,

OK, thanks for the screenshot. I "think" I'm seeing Italian in the screenshot so I congratulate you for being so bilingual. 

But more importantly, I'm seeing that you have DNG images and I definately do see the the color shift from the thumbnails to the main view. The more important issue though is which view do you see when you open the image up in Photoshop? Obviously you should be seeing the correct colors in all places (that should be one of the benefits of using Bridge). I may have an answer later in this response.

Since I see that you are doing archetectural photography, I now understand what you were referring to with the Geometry but I do not see the bad geometry in these photos. Am I missing something?

As far as the mismatch in thumbnails versus the Preview window, for some reason they are not matching. Please try checking (if unchecked) or unchecking (if checked) this item in the raw Preferences:

2020-06-29_09-14-27.png

What I'm looking for here is if this setting is telling Bridge to look at the jpg contained within the DNG as opposed to seeing the interpreted view of the DNG that ACR has created for the DNG. That would cause the color shifts and the poor geometry. 

As far as the specific magnification jumps (100, 200, 300), I'm not sure that that can be controled for all of that. I'm still looking into that. It does have memory in that if you have it showing 200 and zoom back out, the next time you click in the image, it will again zoom to 200. But you cannot zoom 100-200-300, etc. Thus, until this is dealth with you might be stuck in using the dropdown on the bottom right of the ACR window. Sorry about that (yes, not what you wanted to hear).

Oh, if your thumbnails in ACR are horizontal, you can press your Shift key to scroll with your mouse wheel but IT'S PROFOUNDLY SLOW so hardly worth it. :>( However, tapping the arrow keys does a fine job and avoids the need to scroll unless you are looking for something specific.

Sorry for the time zone issues, I'm in Southern California and didn't see your message until I was awake! Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Camera RAW has a different forum that is managed by the Camera RAW team. We request you to post this concern there. The link for it is: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw/bd-p/camera-raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines