• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When cancelling folder move to another disk, included files went to Trash

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of Bridge dragging the folder icon to another drive resulted in copying it. In beta version 13.0.0.474 instead of being copied the folder is moved. When realizing this, while using this function for the first time after installation, and not wanting my files to be moved instead of copied to the backup drive, I cancelled the action. When it stopped I realized with horror that I have a folder on both drives, but both empty, with no files in any of them. After I recovered from the shock and I started the search I found them in Trash and, fortunately I was able to recover them all.

However, what would happen if I wouldn't be attentive, if I'd be "copying", but in reality moving a large number of folders, or just one single folder, with the size of all files far exceeding the capacity of the Trash? They'd be lost forever.

Therefore I ask Bridge developers to check how this function behaves, and to return the copying function when dragging folders & files to another drive, but, hopefully, adding the moving option by holding the right mouse button while dragging.

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise, version 21H2

Misko

TOPICS
Beta , Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to this bug report, dragging files to a folder in Favorites doesn't work right. Content is moved even with the plus cursor displayed, and the Favorite item doesn't highlight to show that its a target. Also seen on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines