Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

When I drag files from my desktop to Bridge, they dissappear from my desktop

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often move files to a shared server on Bridge.

After the latest update I have found that when I drag a file/folder from my desktop to Bridge, it dissapears from my desktop and I have to re-drag it to my desktop to copy it back to my desktop. 

This was not an issue before, I could just drag a file from my desktop to Bridge and it would remain on my desktopp as well as copy to Bridge. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1) Bridge currently has a bug that, instead of copying files from one drive to another, it's moving them. We are waiting for this to be fixed. In the interim, copy the files, and paste them where you want them to be.

#2) you state that you're moving files to a shared server "ON" Bridge (emphasis mine).

Can you explain what you mean by this? Bridge is not meant to work on servers. If you have it working in some fashion, you are lucky, but working with servers is not supported. But Bridge is a viewer, it does not host files. It will look at any files you are currently looking at in whatever folder you have it focused at. Perhaps, do you mean that you're currently looking at the files on a server and are "ADDING"  (emphasis mine) these files to the current group of files?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.. at my work we all connect to a 'server"on Bridge or our main file system (mac or pc) (that's just what we call it, though that may be the wrong technical term). We can drag files over to a Bridge folder, and it uploads them so that others can locate them from their computers also (that't why we refer to it as a server). 

I think what you are assuming in your last paragraph is correct. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have a folder alias/shortcut and the actual files are on a file server (which is simply a computer which other computers can connect to)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they can fix this soon.  I'm havig to move files back from my harddrive.  They'll probably disappear from them when I do.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines