• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do jpg images sent to Bridge from ACR not showing?

Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange.  Jpgs, when exported to Bridge from ACR show as a gray screen.  Yes, the photos are still there, and I can reopen them in Camera Raw.  I can even see them clearly in Explorer.  Here's a print screen of Bridge from today.....

no.jpgs.jpg

You can see the missing images, that are not really missing, they are just blanked out.

Also, and this may be the same problem (?) but when I save a photo as a .jpg, I often have to add the jpg after the dot.  I hope that makes sense.

I'm using CC 2020 and it's updated.  Windows 10 version 2004, also updated.  Computer is a Dell XPS 8700 with an i7 processor and 24gb of RAM.

If you're super busy, take your time with this, as I can use everything.  Just can't see everything.

Thanks,

Bruce B

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Hi Bruce,

I'm a Mac user so please bear with me. When you do click on one of these, does the image show up in the Preview Panel? You do mention that this happens from JPG created from ACR, what happens to any other JPG image?

Meanwhile, first thing I'd try is to go to Tools [menu] go down to Cache and then select Purge Cache for (xx) folder. If that doesn't work, click on the icon shown here:

2020-07-09_10-16-34.png

But that should not be necessary, just checking.

Let us know,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce,

I'm a Mac user so please bear with me. When you do click on one of these, does the image show up in the Preview Panel? You do mention that this happens from JPG created from ACR, what happens to any other JPG image?

Meanwhile, first thing I'd try is to go to Tools [menu] go down to Cache and then select Purge Cache for (xx) folder. If that doesn't work, click on the icon shown here:

2020-07-09_10-16-34.png

But that should not be necessary, just checking.

Let us know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing the cache did the trick, and thanks!  The jpg even has a .jpg already.  What's the reason for this and do I have to do this for every date folder?

Bruce B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bruce,

Great news. 

As far as how often, only when you need to. I know that doesn't mean all that much but I've been using Bridge since CS2 and I can't remember the last time I NEEDED to do it. Sometimes I do that because something else is squirly. Probably the most common reason for me is that I've got a tif image that has some Adjustment layers and I want to run it through ACR. If I just delete the layers, I can't open the image up in ACR, I have to rebuild the cache for that folder before ACR will see that it's just a plain ol' simple TIF. 

One small favor, if you can tap my answer above as correct so that other's who may have the problem will know that that's the answer they are looking for. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines