• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Why does Bridge 2018 generates previews every time it is launched?

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Bridge 2018 with files stored on my network because tech support has told me there's a bug in the current version for network connections.

However, every time I launch Bridge, it generates previews. I have the preference "Automatically Export Cache to Folders When Possible" checked. Do I have the wrong settings?

Thanks.

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Sorry that Bridge 2018 is generating previews every time launch the application. Please try the following options:

1. In preferences panel under cache->Increase the cache size to max.
  2. Check purge cache older than n days . Increase the n value.
  3. Automatically Export Cache to a folder when possible.

Also, please let us know that cache or thumbnails are regenerating in central cache or in Exported cache folder. Also please provide us a screenshot of the Preferences> Cache and Cache management menu.

Bridge.png

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Akash.

I reset the preferences as you directed, and closed Bridge. When I launched it, it crashed. This happened before and followed suggestions I found in the forums to delete the OOBD folder in the Library (I'm using MacOS Mojave). I launched properly the next time, but now I can't fix the preview/cache problems until I can get Bridge to work. Please help me with this problem, too.

I'm attaching the screen shot you requested.

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 8.27.34 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and there are no caches in my Application Support folder for Adobe Bridge, as all files are on my server. I checked the caches in the folders on the server and they seem to have been built when they were first loading into Bridge.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upgrade to Bridge 2020, it fixes a lot of bugs. Network use is going to be problematic, regardless of version- performance simply won't be great.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem always and this didn't help. Are there any alternatives?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines