• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Bridge CC 2019 crash over Display Driver?

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the install of Bridge CC 2019, Bridge occasionally crashes right at launch.  The error states that I should update my display drivers.  But they are updated - twice.  I am running the newest system and devices including the new 2010 Nvidia GPU.  My system is more than powerful enough, and I have more than enough high speed ram at 32 gb. Windows 10-64 is updated.

Yes, I have removed and reinstalled the application.  Several times/

I have reverted back to Bridge CC 2018 and I have no problem.  With the recent update of Bridge CC 2019 I have reinstalled and with the newest Nvidia drivers and the problem has returned.  It is not every time but usually crashes on the initial daily start up. 

Windows has recorded the crash in the event log. Like last night, it crashed twice in a row.

Faulting application name: Bridge.exe, version: 9.0.2.219, time stamp: 0x5bfc3142

Faulting module name: Bridge.exe, version: 9.0.2.219, time stamp: 0x5bfc3142

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x0000000000d70aeb

Faulting process id: 0x25e4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d492cd6fe9f7a0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CC 2019\Bridge.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CC 2019\Bridge.exe

Report Id: 0c9e5b6b-166a-46c5-bfb8-f7da98e648f6

Faulting package full name:

Faulting application name: Bridge.exe, version: 9.0.2.219, time stamp: 0x5bfc3142

Faulting module name: Bridge.exe, version: 9.0.2.219, time stamp: 0x5bfc3142

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000d70aeb

Faulting process id: 0x25e4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d492cd6fe9f7a0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CC 2019\Bridge.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CC 2019\Bridge.exe

Report Id: be3eb04e-a2a7-4246-96e4-c5cbe6591a32

Faulting package full name:

I have no idea what any of that means but something is not loading properly is my guess.  So I need help.  Going online others seem to be having the same like problem.  What to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Did you try this: Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for freezes and performance issues ?

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try this: Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for freezes and performance issues ?

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Bridge

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAT DOES NOT WORK.  I did a fresh install of Windows 10, most current.  Did a fresh install of Bridge, CC 2019.  Fresh install of display drivers - NVIDIA GTX 2010. and I still have the problem!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have problems too! I did everything as well! this has to stop at some point! ADOBE do something!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Adobe realizes the cost in not admitting and addressing this issue.  I for one, have spent a great deal of time in trying to remedy the problem.  Thinking first that there is a corrupted file,  that there has been a system break down, that my display driver is actually at fault.  Erasing my hard drive and reinstalling windows and every application and in the process losing files, data and documents is a REAL COST. Time spent on the phone with Adobe techs who tried to blame every other application or hardware than the adobe product is cost.  I have a case number and was told someone would call me back in 24 hours never happened.  It has been 5 days with no reply!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may well be that this is a driver problem and not a Ps problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is not a DRIVER PROBLEM  ...  as it occured right after we went to Bridge CC 2019.  What makes this worse is going back to an earlier version of Bridge made no difference.  It really has to do with the verification script that precedes the launch of Bridge.

The error statement says to update the driver - well, I have and the problem still exists.  in addition, I have Nvidia's latest 2010 GPU!  So what else can I do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

Apologies for the issue you are facing.

Request you to submit crash reports whenever you face crash in Bridge along with your email ID.

This will help us investigate the issue.

In case you have already submitted the crash report, please let me know and we will look for your crash reports.

We will get back to you with appropriate resolutions based on our findings.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How and where do I access Adobe Crash reports? . BTW, since I have turned off the graphics display driver in Bridge preferences it no longer crashes. Please note I have the latest and newest state-of-the-art GPU from Nvidia. The 2080 RTX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved the issue. I set my computer, using windows to maximum performance. I was advised to do so by Nvidia Technical Support.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OneShotII  wrote

I have solved the issue.  I set my computer, using windows to maximum performance.  I was advised to do so by Nvidia Technical Support.

Strange solution — but when it helps... I will try to remember that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines