• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Bridge offer Spotlight or Bridge as search options?

Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in Bridge, when you wish to search the contents of a folder, does it offer you the choice of "Spotlight Search..." or "Bridge Search..."

If the app is working correctly, then shouldn't those searches be identical?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Bridge uses Spotlight search, it has to take whatever Spotlight hands it. You can customize what Spotlight can and can’t search, using the Spotlight preferences pane, and there may be other capabilities or restrictions that Apple has given it.

Because the Bridge search engine is by Adobe, it isn’t going to work exactly the same way as the OS search engines in macOS or Windows.

Update: I think the answer is this one in the help file:

Bridge: Perform a Quick Search

Quote:

The Adobe Bridge engine searches filenames and keywords. Operating system engines look for filenames, folder names, and image keywords. Adobe Bridge search looks within the currently selected folder and all subfolders, including My Computer (Windows) and Computer (Mac OS). Operating system search engines look in the currently selected folder or in My Computer (Windows) and Computer (Mac OS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines