• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does mirror display crash my Mac laptop in slideshow?

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Bridge CC on a Mac laptop. If I connect to a mirrored display, moving to Slideshow or Full Screen Mode causes occasional, random, unpredictable crashes. The screen goes blank, and then the log-in screen appears, and I have to go through the full process: password and then waiting for all apps that were open to re-open. If, with a mirrored display, I am simply browsing through folders, or if I am using Camera Raw on an image, there is no problem. The problem arises only, but not always, as I switch to Slideshow (ie, press cmd-L) or Full Screen Mode (ie, press the space bar). I am using mirrored display as mirror in-built display, not mirror external display. The problem occurs whether I am using a digital projector or a TV as the external display. As I use this scheme to show images at a Camera Club, I really would be grateful for a solution. Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nevwg,

Sorry that Bridge is crashing while working with dual monitor with mirrored display. Could you please take a look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this articles below and let us know if that helps?

Adobe Bridge CC crashes on Mac OS X with dual monitors

Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for freezes and performance issues

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for those links. The first is not applicable because I am using Bridge CC 2019 (9.0.3.279) and OS Mojave 10.14.4

The second link doesn't seem to have anything that is applicable, because I have no trouble starting Bridge, or using it with a second monitor in any other way than Slideshow or Full Screen Mode. I used to have this problem with Bridge CS6 and earlier versions of Mac OS, and I rather hoped the later versions would have sorted it. Bridge CC doesn't freeze, or have performance issues: it very specifically, but randomly, dumps me to the log-in screen on pressing space bar or command-L. Sometimes it will behave for a whole evening; sometimes the problem keeps on arising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Akash, I meant to add: I currently use mirrored to in-built display. Do you think it's worth trying mirrored to the connected monitor display? I mirror in-built because that is easier to see on the laptop. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Could you please post the Help>>System info report from Bridge here? We'll check the app components and see if there is a anything problematic there.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash -- sorry to appear stupid, but how do I do that? If I go to Help in the menu bar in Bridge, I don't see System info report in the drop-down menu, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the miss here, my bad

Bridge doesn't have this menu unlike most of other Adobe apps (it didn't clicked in my mind).

Have you tried reinstalling Bridge with the current monitor setup in place?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't fret! We all overlook things!!

Unfortunately, the problem occurs when I connect to a digital projector at my camera club. So I can't really experiment with anything while I am at the club. I tried repeatedly pressing command-L while connected to my TV at home, and of course everything was fine (although it has crashed in the past). The real difficulty is that it is an intermittent fault, and I have no idea what the conditions are that lead to it. Everything can be fine for an hour, then --- back to the log-in screen. The other camera club members then start saying it's my own fault for having a Mac instead of a PC ,

cheers,

Neville

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines