• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is moving folders around in Bridge so messed up now?

Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two problems now with moving files around in bridge.

1. With the past bridge I could move a folder from the Bridge file browers into the "Content" window simply by dragging it from the Bridge file browers to the "content" window situatate right next to it. Now, when I do this, as soon as I click on the file I want to move to drag it to the file that is active in the "content" window, as soon as I do so, the file I want to move becomes the active "content" window and when I try to move the file I get a message "you can't move a file into itself".  Yes of course this is true but if by simply trying to move a file by trying to drag it makes that file the active content window, what else could be expected?

2. When I do move files I now have to move them only within the Bridge file brower window but as soon as i move anything, the file browser bounces up to the very top of the file browers and then I have to scroll back down to the part of the browers window I was working in. It seems trival perhaps but it stinks when  you're trying to sort a lot of files. 

Okay, I know is likely growing pains of learning updated software but sometimes I feel like Adobe is trying to fix stuff that isn't broken.

Can anyone help to correct this new Bridge behavior or do I have to relearn a new way of movung files around?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing the same behavior here.  The folder pane moving back to the top after every file being moved or copied is really annoying.   And when dragging and dropping files, from a media card to a hard drive for example, the files are now "moved" and not "copied" as they should be... a potentially dangerous flaw.  Recognize that bugs will exist in any update but hope these things can be fixed quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO, the only thing that needed to be fixed in Bridge is the speed which it operates but instead we get a bunch of changes just for the sake of changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This is SO aggrivating. Also, when I move files within a folder, Bridge is inverting the images--like if I move B1, B2, B3--it drops them in reverse order--B3, B2, B1. It is driving me insane and I dont know how to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank YOU ! For posting this, I have the same problem on Windows 10. It is not a functional scenario working on documents with multiple quantities and types of artwork in documnets such as newsletters.

After one day of trying to work it out, I reverted to 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Many issues mentioned in the thread are fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.

You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the update fixed the drag-drop command to now "copy" and not "move"
the files (in Windows 10 anyway). And the folder tree no longer bounces
back to the top after each command. Thanks so much, this is very helpful.

--

[Moderator: Personal information deleted]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines