• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why was Adobe Bridge installed on my computer?

Participant ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription which gives me access to all apps.

However, even though I have never selected to install Adobe Bridge, when I opened my computer just now, I found that it has been installed.

I removed it immediately, but I am concerned that Adobe feels it has the right to just install applications on my computer without my approval.

Why was Bridge installed on my computer, and how do I ensure it won't be installed again? How do I ensure Adobe only ever installed programs I select, and nothing else?

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

intrinsicly I agree with you, no applications should be installed unless specifically stated by the user. This is something that Microsoft seems to have problems understanding.

I do have one question: did you also find any other applications installed that you didn't specifically need like any video applications, InCopy, or Audition?

My point is if there is a button called "Install all" or something like that, that might be why you received Bridge.

And not saying you are wrong to not want Bridge, let me just add that I cannot imagine not having Bridge. Let's say I have a few images I need to examine because I want to place a Craig's List add and I want to determine which images I want to use. Bridge is my first choice to let me see what I've got to work with. Same goes to when I'm writing something that has images: I take them out of LR or LRC and put copies of the images into Bridge to see what I have to work with and also to parse versions of the images for their use. I do know several top professional photographers who use Bridge exclusively for their catalog but I prefer LRC for that. 

I will go no further now but if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help. Let me also add that I'm just a user who is willing to help folks in these forums and do not work for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding and offering your suggestions.
I'm definitely not criticizing Bridge as an application, as I haven't used it. Maybe I would find it useful. But, as I'm sure you can imagine, having it suddenly show up on my computer when I did not opt to install it does not inspire me to use it. Quite the opposite.

The only applications I have knowingly installed on the compute in question are Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, and Xd. Camera Raw came automatically with Photoshop, and Media Encoder came with Premiere.

I did not find any other new applications on the computer when I discovered Bridge had been installed.

The only action I can imagine that might have come close to prompting me to install software without being clear about what is being installed is when I go into the Creative Cloud app and select to "Update All." That shouldn't, in theory install anything new, but, it is a batch process where maybe something went awry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is not installed unless one selects "install all" Simply does not happen.

Delete Bridge app and unless you specificly request it it will not be installed.

Just be careful not to use select "open in Bridge " in the PS app.

You get a new copy of Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! I was going crazy as to how I could've installed Bridge by accident, but now I realize the keyboard shortcut for Bridge is very close to "Export As" and "Open As". You have to make sure you hide those options in the menu, AND change the default shortcuts just in case. I wish Adobe would've prompted me before installing it though... oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines