• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yearbook help needed! "Multiple Intersecting Links" issue

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set up my headshot pages with the names attached, via Adobe Bridge. But I have backgrounds, and with a background behind the heads, instead of a name, I get <multiple intersecting links>. Is it possible to have background images behind my headshot where I've done a data merge?

Cathy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge does not have face detection ability.

You may have to liook at Lightroom to do what you want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could post screenshots and perhaps offer a more detailed explanation that may help folk such as myself that would like to see if they can help, but can't understand the exact problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes-I added a more indepth response in a comment below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 7.57.28 AM.pngThe ones on the top have their names linked in. The ones on the lower half, say<multiple intersecting links> because I an texture image behind it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't do this in Bridge. Was this InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Used Bridge for the metadata, but the pages are being made in InDesign. I added a more indepth explaination in the comments below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cathy5F96 ,

Can you please provide more details about the issue with the steps to reproduce.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes-I added a more indepth explaination in a comment below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took the files from the photographer and used Adobe Bridge to add names into the Metadata into the title line. 

From there, Indesign allows allows me to have the names automatically attached to the photo image through live captioning. I can have a plain box behind these images and linked metadata names, but when I have an image behind it, each student name is replaced with <multiple intersecting links>. It is for a yearbook, so I would like to dress it up with a background. I've tried grouping and ungrouping the photo images, but it doesn not fix the problem. Is there anything else I can do to fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these all on the same layer? Maybe having the background image on a different layer might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also recommend posting in the InDesign forums since this really isn't a Bridge question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines