Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge Constantly Unresponsive

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We recently updated from Adobe Bridge CC 2015 to 2017 and since the upgrade Bridge has become completely unusable.

It was a completely fresh reinstall of the entire CC suite.

Every other application works fine just Bridge that is constantly becoming unresponsive.

Usually this happens from the start of opening the application, it will freeze straight away for anywhere between 10 seconds to a few minutes.

When it becomes responsive again as soon as we click on anything (New Folder for Navigation or Options menu) it will freeze straight away again.

We have use a network drive for all files that are accessed and I believed that to be part of the problem however this never happened with previous version of Bridge.

We have manually cached the entire area that is accessed on a daily basis but this has not helped at all.

Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for errors and freezes

I have tried all steps in the above link and this didn't improve performance at all.

We also used Procmon (SysInternals) to monitor the .exe to find out if anything was being blocked by our Firewalls.

Nothing is being blocked or denied access at all.

System Specs:

Dell OptiPlex 7020

Windows 7 Enterprise x86

Intel Core i3 3.50 GHz

4GB Ram

Any ideas of further steps we can take to test this?

Kind Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Hi donmorgo13, jenniferf17195765    Chauiii 

To help you resolve this issue, could you please check following

1. Could you run Bridge CC 2018 and start with a folder with less number of files. While you navigate to a folder having large number of files, leave Bridge for a while and then start using. How is the experience If you leave the Bridge running in background for 10-15 minutes ?

2. Is “Generate Monitor-Size previews” option is turned ON (from Advanced tab of Preferences dialog)? Is yes, ple

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi donmorgo,

Please try reinstalling bridge and then restart your system and let us know if it helps?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated all apps and reinstalled bridge completely.

The program started up and auto loaded to a mapped network drive and started crashing immediately.

As soon as I navigated to local C Drive, bridge was performing fine.

I then navigate to a network share that is mapped and it starts crashing straight away.

Abambo

I have disabled all start-up scripts and no performance increase at all as it is not the starting that is the problem but the navigation around network shares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try creating a new admin account and install Bridge on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this - multiple times - for the same problem - no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is frustrating, but unfortunately (fortunately for me), I can not reproduce your problem. We rely heavily on network drives in with Windows computers, both, mapped and in UNC.Except that bridge is unresponsive due to the start-up scripts, I did not experience crashes or other problems.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the efforts and patience, could you please let us know where have you installed your Bridge application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there are older start-up scripts messing up your performance in Bridge. Go to Preferences->Start-up scripts and disable all. Then Enable only the ones you use (like Photoshop CC 2017). This helped with my problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe bridge CC 2017 seems to work perfectly. The new 2018 seems to have many issues including freezing when opening certain folders and not uploading photos from cameras properly. I have reinstalled and using 2017 until these issues are fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi donmorgo13, jenniferf17195765    Chauiii 

To help you resolve this issue, could you please check following

1. Could you run Bridge CC 2018 and start with a folder with less number of files. While you navigate to a folder having large number of files, leave Bridge for a while and then start using. How is the experience If you leave the Bridge running in background for 10-15 minutes ?

2. Is “Generate Monitor-Size previews” option is turned ON (from Advanced tab of Preferences dialog)? Is yes, please turn it OFF and check the performance.

3. Do you see a “Build Criteria” message in Bridge window? If you let the Bridge run for some time, does the message go away and you see some images in Content Panel?

Please let us know after following these steps, if you are still facing the bridge freeze more frequently.

Thanks,

Avinash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines