• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe output module for Bridge CC 2018?

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Adobe output module within Bridge as part of my workflow, for easily creating web galleries of images for clients. With this latest update to Bridge CC 2018 it isn't there anymore.

How can I get this back or is there an alternative way to easily create web galleries of images in the photo suite?

I realise that LIghtroom is able to do this but it doesn't fit in my workflow and I rarely use it. I shot & output my images in Phocus, batch process into various formats in photoshop and then create web galleries via Bridge.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Mark.... Here is what I found digging thru Support Files:

Note:

Beginning with the October 2017 release of Bridge CC, the following updates have been made:

• A new Output workspace has been introduced to generate PDF contact sheet natively in Bridge. For help documentation, see Create a PDF contact sheet in Output workspace.
  • The Adobe Output Module (AOM) plug-in (explained in this article) is no longer supported and the functionality to create web galleries has been discontinued in the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on to Adobe support about this today and it seems that the Output Module has been dropped from Bridge CC 2018. They have helped me to reinstall CC 2017 and have logged that the feature is required. I will update this thread when I am told that it is available again, but for now anyone in the same position as me will need to continue to use Bridge CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed 2018 Bridge and the OutPut Module is still there with just the default presets. All of my Custom Presets were not transfered to 2018. I suggest doing screen shots or recording your Custom Output presets before updating to 2018. They were easy to recreate and even improve on when doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps. Just noticed you are talking about Web Gallery Output. I mainly use Output for PDF Delivery of images. The PDF Output still exists (Cutome Presets did not transfer) but I do not see the Output-> Web Gallery being available.

Bridge Output 2018.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web Galleries are an occasional BUT vital part of my workflow...

Am I correct that this is NO longer possible through Bridge?

I haven't updated yet... what is the Adobe answer to making a web gallery?

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes you are correct that Bridge CC 2018 does not include the ability to make web galleries. Adobe seem to be trying to make the simple  task of making a web gallery only be done via the cloud. Stay with Bridge CC 2017 until they start supporting what we want and use.

Regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark.... Here is what I found digging thru Support Files:

Note:

Beginning with the October 2017 release of Bridge CC, the following updates have been made:

• A new Output workspace has been introduced to generate PDF contact sheet natively in Bridge. For help documentation, see Create a PDF contact sheet in Output workspace.
  • The Adobe Output Module (AOM) plug-in (explained in this article) is no longer supported and the functionality to create web galleries has been discontinued in the latest version of Bridge.
  • The Adobe Output Module (AOM) plug-in works only with Bridge CC November, 2016 (version 7.0) and earlier releases. You can download the appropriate AOM file using the links provided in this article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Adobe Output Module (AOM) plug-in (explained in this article) is no longer supported and the functionality to create web galleries has been discontinued in the latest version of Bridge."

THEN DIS-DISCONTINUE IT!

Lightroom is NOT a alternative. I do not want to make endless libraries of stuff that is allready  very well organized on my harddisks. Which I do because I AM A PRO.

Lightroom is like taking a truck to buy groceries.

BRING BACK THE WEBGALLERY OUTPUT MODULE.

Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE! GIVE US BACK BRIDGE OUTPUT WEB GALLERY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

You may want try a feature "Publish assets to Adobe Portfolio" in Bridge CC 2018, which let's you create online web galleries (or Portfolios) of your Photos (JPG, Raw, PNG, GIF), Videos & Audios. The files are hosted on Cloud, and you may share your portfolio via a link.

See following link for more details on this publish feature Use the Publish panel in Adobe Bridge CC to upload assets to Adobe Portfolio

Please see following tutorial to learn more about Adobe Portfolio https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/how-to/create-portfolio-website.html

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of us do not want to use in the cloud. Just bring back web gallery output. Or a better alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All,

Thanks for your replies. I understand that I can still make a web gallery by uploading images to the cloud and then doing it from there, but really that is not a time saving "feature". I have no need to upload images to a cloud and would much prefer the ability to make easy web galleries as I currently do with CC 2017 via the output module.

I use a hasselblad 50MP camera and shoot hundreds of product images, which need to be supplied in various formats amounting to many GB of data. The thought of being forced to use the cloud is not appealing.

Is it really going to be that I need to find a 3rd party solution to making a simple web gallery in the future?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im with with 200% and only just realised its gone!

I still have an older version of Bridge and ill continue to use it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publishing to the cloud is not a viable fix for those of us shooting thousands of images during each shoot.   This is a perfect example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."    This is a major part of my workflow that Adobe has decided to eliminate.   Like several other posters mentioned, Lr is not an option...  Lr is not for true working professionals IMO.

Bring back the web galleries in bridge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES please bring back web galleries.

I publish mine on my own website, I don't want to use Adobe's cloud and I want the simplicity of a html web gallery so that my clients can select images from either collections, finished TIFFs, or raws depending on the job.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you guys want to transform the cloud etc. into some new creative social thing. In which you hope all pro's want to 'showcase' their stuff. Understandable, but I will pass on that. We are into stuff that does not need the daylight yet. Most pros use your services before any sharing and showoff is needed, or even legal. Please keep thinking of yourselves as providers of tools for the pros. Not as some new kind of creative facebook. So one more time: GIVE US BACK THE OUTPUT WEB GALLERY. Or better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh ... well back to Flickr again or maybe Juicebox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deepak, this isn't a good solution for those who post galleries for companies that work with firewalls (many of our employees cannot get outside access to see a web gallery stored on an Adobe cloud). That being said, I want to add to the pleas for Adobe to bring back the option to create web galleries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deepak, Yes please bring back the web output module. There are many reasons professionals need more control over where images are published to. I'm not a photographer but and editor and I have many different clients with different security systems that will not allow this. WHy would you delete this feature?

Your help pages say that we should use Bridge V7 for creating galleries, but that version is no longer available now for download:

Create web galleries and PDFs with Adobe Bridge

I cannot get Bridge 2017 to work either, though others here seem able to. I spent 2 hours on this already this morning with your tech support people who were not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If "the customer is always right", well, the customers have spoken and are clearly asking for Adobe to bring back the web output module to Bridge.  Mark W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it is still available.

Its under the drop menu under Bridge 2018 in the ACC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring (?) to the Output Settings in Bridge, that function only serves to output PDF's, and not create HTML web galleries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need the PDF output feature, though that's useful you can have any interaction with clients that is useful. I need the web gallery feature. Thanks for asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge 2017 is still available as a separate app and can and is run on my 10.12.6 MacPro.

I use 2017 for web galleries and 2018 for general use.

However switching between the two is a complete pain, especially if I forget and create a "collection" in 2018 and then have to make a web gallery in 2017!

SO please bring back the web gallery!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others have said this too...did you need to download a plugin to make web galleries in Bridge 2017? I tried that, and even that didn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines