Highlighted

After batch renaming files, Bridge takes me back to the first one

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have this minor but annoying problem:

I have to batch rename several files in a folder in groups of 3-10 files. So what I do is: select the first files, batch rename them, select the next few, rename them and so on. The renaming works fine, but after the batch is processed, Bridge takes me back to the first file in that folder and I have to re-scroll down to where I was before. This is super annoying for folders with 200+ files.

I guess this is a bug, since it worked fine for Bridge 2018...

I am running Win 10 and Bridge is 10.0.2.131

Topics

Batch, Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After batch renaming files, Bridge takes me back to the first one

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have this minor but annoying problem:

I have to batch rename several files in a folder in groups of 3-10 files. So what I do is: select the first files, batch rename them, select the next few, rename them and so on. The renaming works fine, but after the batch is processed, Bridge takes me back to the first file in that folder and I have to re-scroll down to where I was before. This is super annoying for folders with 200+ files.

I guess this is a bug, since it worked fine for Bridge 2018...

I am running Win 10 and Bridge is 10.0.2.131

Topics

Batch, Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are numerous bugs with batch rename and selections. Sometimes just the changed files remain selected, sometimes everything is deselected... bugs have been filed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto .......................

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to find out that this has not been fixed in the last update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working in the latest version. I can't believe I am the only one annoyed by this malfunction.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of tips that seem to work for me: if you have a folder of files to rename, click on the first one click a 2nd time to access renaming, and after filling out the name, tap the Tab key and you'll then be sent to the next item ready to rename. Extra tip: if you have a constant name thing (like "My_photo_1" copy the "My_photo_" so when you've tabbed to the next image you paste, then add the next number, then tap the Tab key again.

See if that works for you, seems to still work for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
gary_sc LATEST
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, one thing I forgot: watch out how you have the sorting set up. If the current order has mixed date and alphabetical order it could get squirly. Find a sort order that best matches the files. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines